The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Fort Collins, CO; Biotechnology Hackerspace: Cirque du Synthetica

Greetings all! I have been organizing a team to help me establish a permanent hackerspace in Fort Collins! We are still figuring out funding, and plan on doing a significantly expensive crowdsourcing campaign. The local colleges are ripe with students learning hand-on genetic engineering, and we plan to establish a place to do it. We may end up working with the local iGEM team as well.

We are going to try and make many resources available to local hackers. Everything from biotech equipment to contacts for certified implanters to hands-on bioinformatics training. Will try to post updates as things progress.

Anyone in the area interested in helping out, please let me know!
any contribution would be greatly appreciated, even just publicity!

Welcome to Cirque du Synthetica!