The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Problems with implanting magnets in lips?

Hey y'all! I was thinking about getting a magnet in my lip (mainly to keep more of my hand free for future modification) and was wondering what kind on problems I might run into with that particular implantation location. So far all I can think of is the difficulty I would have with doing it on my own (now that's a funny picture eh?), but I haven't really done this kind of thing before so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

Displaying all 3 comments
  1. In short? It'll be basically useless. The whole point of putting it in your hands is that your hands are how you interact with most of the world. You can reach out and get a feel for things. If it's in your face, you need to put your face near things to feel it. Since the things you'll feel usually involve strong magnets, metal and high current, this just seems like a bad idea. The only reason people put them in their ears, is because then you can at least get a novel experience from it and can interact with it in interesting ways or use them as wireless earbuds.

2. ^ seconded. Your fingers are wonderful antennas to feel with! :3

Face implants are slow and messy, from my experience. I would not want to try to implant into a lip, recovery would be very difficult between talking to eating, the procedure world be very difficult, probably even if.there was anesthetics used. The mouth is somewhat of a difficult atmosphere to work with, imo. >~<

My two cents is I wouldn't suggest it or try it myself. IF you are dead set on it, figure out a way to do it that will heal properly. ;_;

3. And make sure you have a dependable magnet. I wouldn't want someone to try this type of thing with one of my beta magnets. The worst case scenario in a finger is a little scar material. On the lip you're risking disfigurement.

Displaying all 3 comments