The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

xNT help?

Just got an xNT from dangerous things implanted in my right hand (and only a week after my xEM implant! yay!)
but I cant get a read on it. According to a forum post I read my nexus 6p cant read it, which is fine, but I have a pn532 board (same as the one dangerous things sells; small red square reader hooked up to arduino over SPI interface).
I might be using the wrong sketch (?) i'm using one called "iso14443a_uid". I can tell the reader it's self is working; I used a dangerous things diagnostic card and 3 mifare tags to test it. The diagnostic card lights up and the 3 tags it read were my bus pass, an amiibo, and my old student ID. It's definitely not the implant job either. It's closer to the surface than my xEm, I can visably see it bulge against my skin and poke it around and what not. Its been over 24 hours since implantation and the swelling has gone down enough that I feel safe factoring it out.

If anyone has advice or knowledge that would be great. Sorry if this post is longer that it needs to be, I just wanted to be specific to help narrow things down. 

Comments

Displaying all 3 comments
  1. Did you check the chip before hand it might have been a dud

2. No, i didn't have a chance to check it before hand. I didn't want to risk contamination so it went straight from the injector into my hand. What are the chances it's a dud? I was led to believe dangerous things was a reputable company that quality checks all their products, I mean, i expect quality out of a $100 tag.

3. okay. I think I found the problem after some more perusing around on the dangerous things forum. My pn532 is almost definitely a knock off (bought it cheap on amazon)
    should be able to read it with a better reader. Here is the post I found:
    https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/xnt-can-only-be-read-with-android-nfc/112/10
    I will eventually be upgrading my phone too, so that should make things easier.

Displaying all 3 comments