The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

A few question regarding magnet

Hi, First time, first post... Anyway, I 'm french so please escuse my abuses of your language... I have read many post about the magnetic implent... But i havn't seen any mention of the following and i realy wonder why Steinless steel magnet? Do not corrode so they would potentialy be perfect for implent I suppose (or maybe they are not anoughth strong or maybe they will corrod to body fluid?) Or what about the casing of the rdif chip? It's the prefect choice ( too expensive?) What about the implent next to the spine ( obiously made by profetional surgeron )  That is someting I will realy want,  Thanks,

Comments

Displaying all 6 comments
  1. 1. steel is not the number one choice of implantation. you need very high quality and it is not easy to work with. so. there are just too many risks unless you can be sure you avoided them.

2.rfid tags usaly have glass capsules or some highly biocompatible plastics.
    coating magnets in glass is a bit tricky, so is plastics. it is just hard to do it yourself and even harder to find them ready manufactored from some shop.

3. stay away from your spine. your body has so many nerves in places where you have no risk of ending up in a wheelcair. theoretically it is possible to hook up implants close to it, but not magnetic ones, and not anywhere in the next few years. better wire up some nerves that run down your arm or leg.
  2. Hi, The spine idea is "an idea" but i still think it is worth thinking about, even just in theory, However since i'm thinking about it i do see many possible complication, but also many possible benefit... I have a friend that had a car accident and he has a few metal bit next to his spine, He is doing well, so metal bits next to the spine in some place is perfecly harlmless. Now the question is if those metal bits vibrate will it stay harmless and what kind of sensory input will it give? Will they interfere with other sensory, or body fuction? I'm willing to be a guinne pig. But don't worry i' not sucidal eithers. I value my life and my healf very much....
  3. you have to diffenertiate between the part of the nervous system that only transmits the signals , and those who pick up the sensory information.
    having stuff vibrating somewhere in your body will pretty much do nothing.
    your fingertips are a bit special as they are very very sensitive so you can gather more information.

the spine is mostly interesting because neurons bundle there. sorted by input/output. so hooking those bundles up with big electrode-arrays would be very interesting. right now, we neither have the electrode arrays nor the electronics to analyze that many inputs. so once more, stay away from the spine as you can cause ways too much damage.
  4. Yes, But if we do have access with very highttech equipment? Hight skill surgeron and ingenering skill? There is always a begining, a direction where to start... I'm just a big dreamer, i can't stop to think about the posibility
  5. with the neccessary technology and expertise it would be possible. but that is still to be developed.
  6. Exatcly, and this is a project I'm realy intrested in.
    Financing is not a realy big problem here, convincing people is...

Finding the right prĂ©sentation to get people on board to invest is the bigest challenge.

what will be the end? what goal do "we" want to achive... 
    stuff like this.

I know very rich people, and eithers you get them with rentability, 

or vision. It work too. 
Displaying all 6 comments