The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Writing an image to RFID chip & reading it with phone

Does anyone know how I can write an image into an RFID chip and read it by my phone? I have read someone has done it with a GIF, but I don't know how to do it. I have the T5577 chip in my hand from cybersie.me (link).
I read wiki and old posts but couldn't find any information about it. 

Comments

Displaying all 2 comments
  1. I don't know of any phones with a 125KHz RFID reader built-in. I have the same chip and all I store on it is a ten digit serial number.
    Phones are usually produced with NFC readers which work with the MultipassNFC [link] which has 888 bytes of writable data, the MultipassMifare [link], xNT [link] and flexNT [link] which each have 880 byts of writable data, and finally, the flexDF [link] with 8K of memory but availability isn't good right now.
    External readers do exist for Android devices, maybe Apple too. The one I have simply types the ten-digit serial number as though it were a keyboard.
  2. OK McSTUFF, thanks for explanation. I should find a job for it! I've got the new multireader from Alex, I can do the same with it, accessible from my laptop and phone. 
Displaying all 2 comments