The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Any possibility of a mobile app?

Hello!

I've been a silent member of the community for a while. I just love reading about everyone's work and updates. I even had two m31's and an nfc chip implanted from dangerousthings.

I've been a "silent" member because I use my phone for everything and the forums are not mobile friendly at all. I was hoping the new site would correct it but it's even worse now.

Basically I am completely unable to write anything on the site. If I tap on the text entry field it just instantly closes my keyboard. If I go into landscape mode I can sometimes get it to let me type but if anything happens to the screen it clears everything I've written. Even to write this out I have to write the message in another text field and then copy and paste it over.

I just wanted to ask if there is anyone working on a mobile version of the forums or, what would be really awesome, an app we could download. Even if someone just made it compatible with tapatalk it would be a huge improvement XD.

Thanks for your time! 

Comments

Displaying all 4 comments
  1. We have been working on migrating to a new forum system for a while, but since we are changing many things at the same time and there are a lot of people involved scheduling when to actually get shit done has been unpredictable.
  2. I work as a full stack web dev with a little bit of qa background for my day job. I don't have much in the way of spare bandwidth right now but in the future I might be able to help out sometime if more hands or eyes would in any way help:) It sounds like its more a coordination issue than an 'enough people' issue but I thought I'd throw that out there anyways. 

3. Mostly cause I get irritated by the text box thing too XD I spend like five hours a day commuting by bus because I live stupidly far from my job and using up my mobile data on low-bandwidth stuff like forums is like a sizeable chunk of my day...
  4. We have a couple of programmers who don't feel comfortable hardening a high profile system, and a sysadmin who is having a lot of life going on in their life right now :)
Displaying all 4 comments