The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Thoughts about my 3-year-old Magnet Implant

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to share an article I wrote for my blog about my magnet implant (which is now about three years old).

Let me know if anyone has any questions!

Body Hacking: Thoughts Regarding My Magnet Implant

Comments

Displaying all 4 comments
  1. Congratulations on making it to Hacker News' top daily stories!

I did not think to use tissue elevators: would have made my own procedure much easier. Do you know the dimensions of the magnet you had implanted? What tool was used to insert it?
  2. Not sure the size of the magnet (it was supplied by the guy who did the procedure) but I believe he used the tissue separater (which was just an autoclaved wax modeling tool) to push it into place.
  3. Have others noticed their magnet getting weaker?  Is there a way to strengthen it again?
  4. Mine's gotten slightly stronger since I first got it (I can now pick up 5 cent pieces fairly reliably, where before I could only manage 2 cents). I doubt that the field's actually gotten stronger; I suspect it has more to do with position in my finger, or something.
    Mine's a cylinder section rather than a disc though, which seems to make a difference in maintaining field strength.
    'Recharging' magnets.
Displaying all 4 comments