The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

My kingdom for a (bioproof) magnet

Hello there, obvious newbie here.

I decided to get a magnet implant and have obtained all the necessary ingredients (including a med student), but alas, a magnet with a proper coating seems to be evading me. I was wondering if any of you would be willing to sell a couple, or even a single magnet, seeing that the magnets at dangerousthigns.com are out of stock till further notice and I have failed to find a supplier here in Europe. The cost of oversee shipping is ridiculous, but if it's only a single magnet, it might be plausible to sent it via a letter?

Comments

Displaying all 6 comments
  1. Producing magnets that can meet the high quality demanded is an ongoing challenge.
    There are currently new experiments in preparation based on coating a single thin epoxy film onto a free floating magnet. The idea is promising but so far it's all a thought until parts arrive and the apparatus can be build and tested.

Sending magnets around is not so much a problem. Producing good magnets in first place is more demanding.

Oh and welcome to the board!

PS: how big is your kingdom? I'd totally take a small farm or something comparable. As long as it is big enough to keep 2 ponies.
  2. I understand that it's a complicated process, I was just wondering if somebody had a surplus that he/she was willing to sell... Can't wait and all that, you know how it goes.

As for the kingdom, it's roughly 2 acres, but let's not get caught up with the physical dimensions.
  3. If anyone did I would love one as well.
  4. So far the most convenient to order one I've found is from http://steve-haworth-modified-llc.myshopify.com/collections/magnets/products/1-8-3mm-wide-x-1-16-1-6-thick-silicone-encased-magnet-silver but I'm definitely interested in finding something better.
  5. Thanks man, but a 100 bucks + the inevitable shipping for a suboptimal magnet seems a tad too much, like you've pointed out.

Maybe I'm just stingy, but coating a magnet with gold at home seems more appealing at the moment.
  6. I am in the same "Problem" that you, and coat a magnet with gold in home is not than easy, you should have a lot of stuff and they are expensive, the best you can do if you want a gold coated magnet is ask to a jawelry, but, before do everything, please read a lot as you can, a infection or nickel poisoning sound really bad. Pd: Apologies for my english, i hope everything goes right, and let us know if you do something.
Displaying all 6 comments