The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Nanotubes...

Its been a while since carbon nano-tubes were somewhat proven to be able to produce electricity from heat..

And i've yet to hear someone making a mod that transforms excess body heat to electricity for mods.. 
And/or 4d printed/produced nano tube mods?
So, why not? Whats the hold-up and/or limitation?

Comments

Displaying all 8 comments
  1. Can you link an article/paper about nanotubes producing electricity from heat? Thanks
  2. http://news.mit.edu/2010/thermopower-waves-0308
    (there are lots more, but no application has appeared, so im wondering why?)

Edit: Tripped on (http://news.mit.edu/2010/nanotube-channels-0910)  -which also has alot of potential for biohacking...
  3. first ink is broken
  4. @chironex has been messing with nanotubes from what I remember
  5. Yup, been working on different ways to grow them. I hadn't actually seen this particular use for them, but I have been working on ways to harvest heat for electricity in an implant setting. It'll be a while till it's ready though. That said, during exosphere in january, we'll be exploring a few different ways to do this (heat to electricity) and we'll be growing nanotubes for a variety of things. So if you want to experiment with all that, that'd be the place to do it. 
  6. I would SO want, but cant most likely. :(
    Any articles you'd recommend if i'd like to try on my own?
    (I myself am after the actuator parts)
  7. Check out his videos he goes over how to make them. It's on YouTube under The thought emporium.
  8. I only show my crude attempts, not a great way of making them. If you really wanna learn about this sort of stuff, you'll want to read up on chemical vapour deposition. 
Displaying all 8 comments