The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Magnet Stuff= Telekinesis?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByuCW_hPUAW8UEVXU2JrQ1ZaZjVJQmpkUUtlZW1jV3lUdGl3

Sorry for the messy illustrations! I was just interested on getting the idea down on paper.

In short, I got an idea, somewhat inspired by the outburst of M31 Projects!    You know, the typical "Imma stick this in my finger!" Magnet projects.
Then, I remembered the basics of magnets.  Different Poles Attract, but Same Poles Repel-  And I also remembered, Magnets can attract metal... So what happens if we add "N,S,N,S" On the first four fingers?...

Hypothetically I'm hoping that the two N's would attract a spoon, while the S's would repel it.
Thus! Giving you the power of levitation!

Of course.. I had to make it more difficult, ideally, I'd want a magnet that turns on and off.  As impossible as it probably is (Given rejection/ coating), I decided to include that in the Illustration anyway.    -----You know, come to think of it, you could try this with normal magnets too.

Ok! Enough with my Rambling xD, You tell me, think it has a shot?

Comments

Displaying all 4 comments
  1. Yeah... No

That's just not how magnets work. N and S poles attract each other, they don't specifically repel metal.
  2. stay in school kids

3. ..So No? Fair enough, it was just a Theory.
Displaying all 4 comments