The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Talk To Local Folks! Where Are You From? Wanna Start A Collective?

Comments

Displaying comments 31 - 56 of 56
  1. Well that's good news. I thought I was missing out!
  2. From milwaukee, Wisconsin myself. I've only encountered like 2 other wisconsinites through the forums so far. There doesn't seem to be much of a community here, but it is nice being able to expose people to something new and spread the word about something still novel to people a little bit. Anyway, I'm between the waukesha and milwaukee area and currently work in the emergency room. Applying to medical school and on the waitlist at a few for the time being. I've had the xNti for a little over a year. stay, if anyone is working on meet up programs I highly recommend avoiding the name 'grindr' lol, might be taken.
  3. Berlin.
  4. Sao Paulo, Brazil.
  5. Northern Georgia, but I'm currently in Lima, Peru
  6. Portland folks - where are we meeting up and when? There's at least four of us- more than enough for a small startup collective. Let's grab a beer?
  7. yes, let's! ever go to Victory Bar? it's 1984 themed and pretty awesome.
  8. Never been but it seems perfect, and close-in works great for me.
  9. Any one from southern-ish New Jersey? Or NJ in general, it's a small state.
  10. Not much of a drinker, but it would be nice to meet up. Victory bar isn't too far from where I am, just a little heads up on setting a date and I think we could make this happen.
  11. before defcon, or after defcon?
  12. If we're taking a vote, I say after. I won't be at defcon, but I will be giving a presentation at the living machines conference at Stanford and they unfortunately run concurrently this year.
  13. Brisbane, Australia (for the next 2 years at least).

14. Phoenix(ish), Arizona

15. Southwest Florida

16. @PlAgUe_DoG Mesa here

17. silicon valley, right on the border of santa clara and san jose. still pretty fresh to the region, so i'm still trying to wriggle my fingers into what is allegedly a pretty established scene.

18. Northern California babes!

19. Upstate, NY. Literally other side of the us from most of the conferences!
    Ugh! At least we don't catch on fire every year!

20. Bumping a necro

21. I'm down to keep some decrepit old threads on last ditch life support in a community this small.

I'm near Philadelphia.

22. I am in Vermont (probably the only one)

23. Colorado. Jump to PMs to see about setting up a chat server or something? This forum seems basically dead. :(

24. Albuquerque, New Mexico here but likely moving to Detroit really soon.

25. Anyone in Southern Sweden or Copenhagen area?

26. .

Displaying comments 31 - 56 of 56