The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Will old scars cause a problem with implanting?

Time for my magnet implant is getting closer and there is only one thing I'm not sure about so thought I would ask.

When I was younger I had a mishap with a knife that severed pretty much everything in a few of my my fingers (middle finger, ring finger and little finger on my off hand). 3 surgeries over 3 days got everything working again although feeling didn't return for a few years. I'm planning on putting my magnet on my off hand ring finger and was wondering if the scar tissue will cause a problem. Picture of finger below.

Feeling is mostly normal. If anything where the surgery cuts meet the knife wound is a bit more sensitive then normal. You can also feel what I assume is scar tissue as kind of a lump under the skin where the cuts meets.