The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Duo Skin from MIT - Conductive Temp Tattoos

I know the topics of conductive tattoos has been discussed on and off before but MITs DuoSkin might be bringing a lot of people a little closer to the idea of getting implants.

http://duoskin.media.mit.edu/

How long until trendy dance clubs or conventions give these out as entrance passes?

(the video is pretty cool)  

Comments

Displaying all 3 comments
  1. This is super cool. I just found the paper looking for some wearable related stuff.

LINK [pdf]

I'm surprised because all of the articles I read made this sound like it wasn't something you could get access to, like it was all theoretical, but this is extremely cheap and easy if you have access to a printer. I'm not sure whether the "electronic cutter" is necessary or just makes it easier, but without that you can do this for under $40.
  2. This seems like there are definite possibilities for interacting with various implans via skin input devices.
  3. That would be fun to mess around with, especially having it connect to my phone for long drives!
Displaying all 3 comments