The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Proposed Chip Self-Implantation Technique

So I currently have an xEm chip from Dangerous Things in the typical thumb/pointer finger that was implanted by an EMT friend of mine. I purchased an NFC chip from Cyberise, that I would like to implant myself since the friend and I had a falling out. So after reading this thread: http://forum.biohack.me/discussion/1115/question-about-potential-nfc-chip-implant-locations/p1
and : http://forum.biohack.me/discussion/990/rfid-locations/p2
I would like to implant the chip in my left forearm, to the left of the tendons, behind the radial outcropping. Similar to @trybalwolf in the first thread. 
I had an idea that I would like y'all's input on. @aviin mentioned using duct tape to help a friend tent the skin and someone joked about using your teeth to make the tent. So, I thought why not combine the two for a self-implantation. Basically I would use use about an 8 inch strip of tape with about 2 inches on one end folded over. So I would stick the tape on the implant site then put the folded over piece in my mouth to pull up creating the tent. Then implant the chip with my free hand. 
So far its pros:
1. Easy to do with materials laying around
2. Solo implantation
Cons:
1. Tape could be contamination source
2. Removing the tape could force out implant
Thoughts?

Comments

Displaying all 3 comments
  1. That's actually not a bad idea....I wish I thought of it when I was trying to solo mine. I personally wouldn't worry about the contamination. But that's me. After the needle goes in and before you inject/remove it take the tape off. That will remove the chance of it being pushed out when removing the tape after the fact. I say I wouldn't worry for two reasons one. I use duct tape and other forms of tape on many cuts/punctures and have never had an issue (ya I know). That said the chance is still obviously. Perhaps you could minimize the chance by simply removing the tape pre needle and then cleaning that area again then inject needle and seal it with some glue. That might be enough to to at least keep anything out till you can really clean up and make sure of no contamination also it's gonna be a very small hole as you know. Mine was done on a couch off of a wooded table in the living room. As an example.
  2. Quick comment on my experience with this location.. First off, the skin is considerably thicker. Be ready to push hard. The pain is less though so that's cool. Make sure to punch through the skin and THEN advance laterally. You want to just make it through the skin and then advance parallel to the surface. The reason I emphasize this is because the thicker skin can make the chip a bit harder to read. It's a trade off really because you can push your phone down deeply into your arm if needed. This is something that can't be done at the thumb triangle. Also you might consider alternatives to the tape. For example a bulldog clip or clamp of some sort might be better.
  3. http://www.overstock.com/Health-Beauty/Defender-Stainless-Steel-Desmarres-Chalazion-Forceps/9796743/product.html?refccid=5HDV7E5F7EPITKSE75ERK3Y65Y&searchidx=3 Take a look at these. Less then ten bucks and I think they'll do better than tape.
Displaying all 3 comments