The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

dia-magnet's for implant's?

has anybody experimented with how something such as bismuth would react as an implant? (obviously held within a coating i know its not bio-safe) would it work the same way as regular-old neodymium magnet's? would it even be strong enough to cause any effect?
Just curious

Comments

Displaying all 3 comments
  1. Does bismuth do something? Are you referencing the diamagnetic properties of the giant blocks of bismuth alloy?
  2. bismuth, along with a few other materials has a somewhat noticeable diamagnetic property. The effect is rather weak when compared to regular magnets and I highly doubt you can get any sensation from it at all. We'r talking about orders of magnitude differences here.
  3. Ahhh i see, was just curious to know, thanks for the quick response 

Displaying all 3 comments