The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Gesture Tech in Northstar V2?

Sorry if this has been answered already but I cant find it. Does anyone know the type of gesture tech that'll be installed in V2? Or is GH Wetware still in development? Anyway I can support? I'm hoping to get my hands on one....or put one in my hand.. either way :D

Comments

Displaying all 8 comments
  1. V2 is still in development :) but we're working with the 9 degrees of freedom single chip solution. Looking to have them ready to send into the great big world early next year, so once you can get your hands on (and/or around) one we'll def announce it :D
  2. That sounds awesome I cant wait!! Thanks for your reply!
  3. I just really hope there's a blue LED option!
  4. I do as well. I understand that red LEDs are going to show up better, but if you could get some really high intensity blue LEDs, or blue laser diodes, I don't think you'll have too much trouble (other than power).
  5. Well using this study http://www.laser.nu/lllt/pdf/Penetration.pdf
    Blue light is about 63095 times weaker than red light for a given distance.
    Red and infrared are the only colors that could work without putting a dangerously strong LED under your hand.
  6. @TheGreyKnight @ElectricFeel Hmm, I'm gonna test this, probably using some pig skin
  7. Grab an RGB LED and cycle it for reference.
  8. Gotcha
Displaying all 8 comments