The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Bluetooth LE bone conductive implant.

Comments

Displaying comments 61 - 90 of 114
  1. UPDATE: the magnets coated in atom adhesives is still in my hand and looks just fine. I have no issues at all. no reaction, no tenderness, nothing. So I'm going to let it go for another month to be 100% sure (that will be 3 full months)

I also have gotten some very small bone transducers that work amazing. I got 50 of them, so I should have enough to test different ways of doing coatins to make sure I get the best volume out of it, and if I have extra when I am done I'm going to make multiple BLE emotion hearing devices and give them to whoever wants them :)  as long as I have extra might as well make sure of it!
  2. I'm interested in transducers, how big are they?
  3. I'm up for a transducer. Don't like wires touching my skin, even on bluetooth headphones there's some wire touching my neck.
  4. I could use a couple, for me and my partner.
  5. I'm also interested in a couple of them
  6. As am I. Perhaps we could organize a group buy?
  7. Yes, I would prefer two, but as you were giving them away, didn't want to be cheeky. I was expecting to pay some postage, I wouldn't mind paying something more though.

8. @ChilliEye, I would be willing to just buy them from BenBeezy, if he has them for sale. It works out to about $5.80 a piece from aliexpress, so I would be more than happy to pay a premium, 6, 7, 8 bucks a piece? That way he could at least make his money back.

@ElectricFeel, it looks like the transducers are about 1.25 centimeters from the looks of the picture.
  9. Me too
  10. I have also found these in aliexpress http://goo.gl/8xepSY And these http://goo.gl/bJdb6v Any thoughts?
  11. And the bidding war begins...
  12. Me as well.
  13. I'm in for a group buy.

14. This is how big they are, I can get some pretty decent sound out of them, with out any kind of amping up the signal.
  15. How big is the bluetooth element?
  16. the bluetooth part of it is also super small 

That is a #15 blade up in the top so you can kinda tell that its super small
  17. @BenBeezy, so are you taking orders or shall we officially organize a group buy?
  18. It'd be awesome if you could sell a full device, especially if already coated and ready to sterilise+implant.
  19. I am planning on selling full devices once I have mine done and implanted for a month or two, just to make sure its safe (ish) But as of right now I just have a lot of parts. I ordered 50 for I think $350 so if any of you guys want some thats the rough pricing, just PM me and I can send them in an envelope.
  20. Quick question. How do you plan on charging it, post implantation?
  21. Induction I would assume....
  22. Yeah I have an induction coil and charger that magnetically 'clips' on to the implant. Charging (weirdly enough) had never been an issue for this implant.
  23. How long does it take to charge? I would have concerns if it took to to long.
  24. I will be charging it while I sleep, so I dont think it will be an issue, but it charges up in like 15ish minutes, the battery is pretty small so its not a big deal
  25. I am more concerned about the skin between the device and charger getting pinched and as a result rejection.... How long would you say a battery will last?
  26. the battery lasts a good 12 hours at least, I have been playing around with different batteries to try and get the best for size. the normal 35mha lasts me about 8 hours of solid connection and about a week in standby so I am looking at around a 50-75ish mha battery to make it well through the day of hearing a data stream 
  27. Okay thank you....
  28. Any updates on this? I would definitely like a tiny bone transducer or two...

ALso, If you let me know the sizes of the new componets, I might, *might* be able to machine a mold out of Stainless or aluminium  at work before this grindfest.
  29. I'm also interested in an update
  30. @Benbeezy any updates on your implant? Also I may have missed it in the thread but does the implant work as a mic? 
Displaying comments 61 - 90 of 114