Any european magnet sellers?

So I've been reading lots of posts looking for info about magnet implantation (procedure, magnet types, safety concerns...). I found it all except an european seller. Does anyone know any EU sellers?
P.D.: I'm currently in Spain.

Comments

• If you were fine waiting a few months till I get back to college, I could also forward a package from the US to you.
  • Thanks man, I'll try to get one from them. However, let me know when you get back cuz i'll probably still be interested.

• Alright. You might have to remind me in September. I’ll probably forget
  • I could send you a few of my leftover cobalt-gold plated magnets. But I'd suggest to wait just a while longer so I can see whether it rejects or not (had mine for more than 4 days, so far no infection, rejection or inflammation)
  • > @delta12 said:
    > I could send you a few of my leftover cobalt-gold plated magnets. But I'd suggest to wait just a while longer so I can see whether it rejects or not (had mine for more than 4 days, so far no infection, rejection or inflammation)

Sounds great, if next week they'r still inside tell me and we arrange it.
  • @delta12 said:
    I could send you a few of my leftover cobalt-gold plated magnets. But I'd suggest to wait just a while longer so I can see whether it rejects or not (had mine for more than 4 days, so far no infection, rejection or inflammation)

I wouldn't mind having a piece of this action, and I would be happy to do some extensive testing on it.

• @delta12 said:
    I could send you a few of my leftover cobalt-gold plated magnets. But I'd suggest to wait just a while longer so I can see whether it rejects or not (had mine for more than 4 days, so far no infection, rejection or inflammation)

So? Are they still in?

• No, unfortunately I implanted my magnet incorrectly. When I removed the magnet, the coating was damaged in the corner, it probably didn't adhere correctly there. I'm not giving up though, I'm trying to create a new magnet, I ground up the surface in hopes of improving coating adhesion, I'll see how it goes.

• Delta, can you do a write-up with your experience? Like your coating procedure etc?
  • edited August 2018
    > @Cassox said:
    > Delta, can you do a write-up with your experience? Like your coating procedure etc?

Well the first attempt failed, I didn't put the thing deep enough and it got rejected. In a sense, it's a good thing because I latet found out, that a very tiny piece od the coating had scraped off on the edge, revealing the black NdFeB core.

Yesterday, I implanted a second magnet on the other side of the finger (eventually figured that it's a bettet spot), and done a few things differently.

So I first scraped off the surface from the magnet using a file and some sandpaper just a little bit, to get any dirt off and to also provide a better surface adhesion for the plating. I cleaned the magnet with a concentrated solution of sodium hydroxide (to get off any remnants of grease) and also a quick wash in hydrochloric acid. I plated the magnet from all sides, in total for about 8 minutes at a very low voltage (2.3v).

I then submerged it into 4% hydrovhloric acid for a few hours, and then applied a second layer of coating (same voltage for about 2 minutes) After that, Ieft the magnet in the acid for a day as a form of testing.

A control sample in form of an uncoated magnet got completely black and brittle after a day in the acid, while the gold plated one completely held off withouy any damage. So I went on with the procedure.

I used the same cobalt gold solution as last time. ( K[AuCn2] + CoSO4 )

Also I managed to get a proper local anesthetic (thank god), a 10% lidocaine in ethanol topical spray. No need for injections, it worked flawlessly. The procedure was so incredibly easier without pain!
  • @Nwilde1590 said:
    This might be a good place to start: https://store.stevehaworth.com/pages/distributors

Are there other known sellers/suppliers for EU (Germany) at the moment?
    I'm looking for N52 (or higher) with TiN and Parylene multilayer coating.

• No idea @faensii I just remembered that Haworth had some suppliers in Europe.