Neodymium plugs

Ok not implant related at all, but my ears are stretched to 00-gauge. if I got some neodymium magnet plugs for my ears, would any extra sense I get be comparable to what you get from a magnetic implant? Once I get my hands on some implantable magnets I’ll implant them but in the mean time I kind of want to experiment with other ideas too.

Comments

• 00 is too big. You'd get no feel for anything except the giant magnet weight. Smaller magnets have sensitivity. Like mm not inches.
    Haha. Be careful if you do do this to not attract metal to them. Will most likely be painful.
  • edited July 2018

Just had an image of putting 10mm n52 magnets in your ears and not being able to get your head off the fridge XD.

• Mehehehe.
  • @SimplyTom said:
    00 is too big. You'd get no feel for anything except the giant magnet weight. Smaller magnets have sensitivity. Like mm not inches.

Oh. So that’s why people don’t typically implant larger magnets?

• Indeed. You'll probably just end up hurting yourself. If you took a small one and silicone it like an inch thick you might be able to stick some coins on it or something. But don't use a big one if your trying to feel the fields.
  • Large magnets are for picking things up aka magicians magnet
  • I have 10ga lobes and I bought some cheap tunnels and cylindrical magnets to fit inside the tunnels. I have been able to feel the clippers while getting a haircut but that is about the only thing I have noticed. I do not know how such large magnets would act so I would be interested in your experience. Be sure you don't put the magnets in contact with your skin because the standard coating is nickel and it will turn your skin green.

• I thought one of the biggest reasons that you could feel magnet implants as much as you can is because of the nerves growing around the magnet, which wouldn't happen with an externally-worn magnet. Yeah, there would be slight stimulation, but it wouldn't be nearly as severe as a direct implant that has physical contact with nerves.

• @trroyyc, you are correct. There are fewer nerve endings in the earlobe than a fingertip. I don't have the same level of sensitivity compared to my finger magnet. Not by a long-shot. Plus, I can't really search around with my ears the way I can probe with my hand. This is a case of, "Why not?"