Making the human body stronger... by forceing it to become weaker first?

Ok so i've been thinking alot about difference in muscle twitch types (i and ii) and how one can possibly train a certain way to gain a higher percentage of one type, and the possibilitys of using rna tweaks  to promote the growth of one type, however that got me thinking further into how were still stuck with already formed muscular tissue of varying types which led me to have this idea: would it be possible to induce a controlled form of "muscular dystrophy" using rna tweaks with the mstn gene (or induce it through doses of myostatin?) in order to sort of "reset" muscle growth in a controlled fashion, in order to then regrow it biologically with the addition of either pure training (for a specific muscle fibre type,) more genetic enhancements using rna, drugs or perhaps even more permenant genetic tweaks since you'd be essentially be growing new muscular tissue. - Perhaps one could even test the modification of the pepck-c gene which when modified in then skeletal muscle of mice, to be expressed at a higher percentage, resulted in those mice having increases energy and a heightend metabolisim due to them having increased glucleogenesis. If this same tweak was induced in human skeletal muscle (eg the tissue one would wish to modify) it would likely lead to the same positive effects. Though i will admit this post is mostly speculative and a thought project at most im wondering what you guys think of these idea's?

P.s. posting via phone at night so if spelling/details are off that would be why.
Tagged:

Comments

• Also intrested in getting more of a certain muscle fiber type(type 2) and increaseing muscle contraction speed in general.
  • You might be able to achieve something like this through extreme low calorie diet. If you designed it right, you could probably still get most of your essentials but lose enough mass to start breaking down muscle
  • I would really like to know a way to do this but cant find much
  • You'd probably be able to do it through an extreme low calorie diet, with protein as something like 70% of your calories. Similar to a ketogenesis diet but with a focus on protein. 
  • I'd think you'd go the other direction. Protein restricted.. especially methionine. You might be able to do something like this with methionine restriction alone.
  • Cassox, when I say extremely low I mean somewhere around a 1000 calorie deficit.  You'd still want enough protein to keep from doing permanent damage, though.
  • Yeah. I totally get it. I agree that with extremely low calorie you're going to go into proteolysis but I think my focus would be on trying to get adequate amounts of vitamins etc. We should look at various wasting diseases. For example TB and aids, and various failure to thrives. The goal would be to eliminate as much muscle as possible as quickly as possible without any other adverse health effects?

Something else to consider.. look into body builders who have since stopped. Without training, you rapidly lose your gains so you can probably get an idea of what's coming. Lack of activity would probably also help. Being on bed rest... You'll be an invalid in no time.

Ok, I'm not sure I agree with the basic assumption here though.. I'm going to look into something.
  • Yeah, so this process wouldn't change the number of cells, just cell composition. I'm not sure if decreasing muscle mass before altering your training or using genetic tweaks would actually matter.
  • So when I was young me in my folk's where homeless and had lived in some sh*t shelters had got sick a lot and wall I am talking about the immune system and not muscle mass the same things can apply I think on strengthening muscle mass by first having weak muscle mass .

• Also I was talking to my dad about this and he said that this is what the military duse to you to quote hem "they break you down and then build you back up"

• Having a higher percentage of fast twitch muscles certainly would have some benefits, but would also come with drawbacks as well. If you were able to achieve this, you would likely notice a lessened degree of precision muscle control due to the lower percentage of slow twitch muscle fibers. You may also run into problems with tendon and ligament stress due to the change in the way they are being pulled on by your muscle fiber.