Cerebrolsyin experience

Hi All,

So cerebrolysin has been on the list of noots to try for a long time as it's effects are supposed to be pretty spectacular. For those who don't know what it is, it's a mixture of proteins and short peptides extracted from pig brains and contains things like NGF and BDNGF amongst others. The reason it's not more popular is because it comes as a saline solution that needs to be injected.

We recently picked up a couple 10 packs of 2 ml vials to give it a try. We're thinking we're gonna do 2 ml a day for 10 days. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with cerebrolysin or the other things in that family like semax or cortexin. What was it like? what dosage did you do? How long did you do it for?

Comments

• I purchased 30 2ml vials. I used one vial a day for 30 days injecting it direcly into my vein over a period of 10 min.

After about a week I began seeing a few changes. I could study for hours with almost no breaks. About a week after finishing vial number 30 that is when things got a little crazy. I can only sleep 2 or 3 hours a night. I have to be reading or doing something constantly. If I come up with an idea I cannot just wait until the next day. I find I must research it until it is impossible to even think.

I have no idea but it may have something to do with the blood plasma transfusions I completed in Mexico that was discussed in this forum. I did the Cerebrolysin about 2 months after the transfusions.

Would I try it again? Hell yes. 20+ hours of study time a day. I just turned 54 and feel like 18 again.

• edited October 2017

Where did you get it from?

• @Hunter rupharma

@puzbiks1 Wow that's quite an effect. Don't know if that amount of not sleeping is really what I'm going for so i think the 10 days ought to be just right then.

• 10 days seems a little short for cerebrolysin. I would go for a month myself. Let me know how you liked it. Its my nr 1 nootropic after p21 from ceretropic.

• @puzbiks1 This is very interesting! Are the effects everlasting? Or only as long as one does the injections? I already have trouble sleeping due to an overactive brain, but if it could help me focus at work - wow. I need this. hahaha

• @thetarn not everlasting but because of the ngf and bdnf it lasts for a week or so between cycles.

• So after the 10 days I'm feeling really good. I think the dose was a bit low though. Next time I'm definitely gonna go for 5ml at a time. I didn't have issues with sleep at all, in fact I'm sleeping better now than I did before and waking up earlier. I felt really productive the whole time. I'm almost bummed that it's over but also I'm glad to not be sticking myself with needles every morning anymore. You get used to it after the first day, but it's still annoying. It also feels like the antidepressants that I'm on are hitting me more than they were before. It really feels like my brain got a reset. Thus far I like it more than every other noot I've tried by far.

• Out of curiosity, where are you sourcing yours from? I'd like to give this a try as well.

• Mark Proteus and I did a month of cerebrolysin. I agree. It's good stuff. Would anyone be interested in doing some group nootropics studies? I've never really been all that successful getting groups to work together and gather worthwhile data.. but it seems doable in this community.

• @Cassox I'd love to help.

• My 2 cents. I also did the 2ml a day. I stopped drinking a week before hand, because whats the point of doing brain stuff if you're drinking on top of it.

I had no noticeable effects from the dosage. Energy levels, attitude, etc, all maintained the same from the week before, through the 10 days of dosage, and then continuing on.
    On a side note tho, I enjoyed being sober so much, I haven't had a drink since, so there is that, tho this was decided before dosing started so that's not considered to be related.

Another house member also dosed with us and reported no noticeable effects as well.

This may be due to a combination of multiple things. One is dose amount and the other may be "baseline". I'm larger than @chironex (by 70lbs). I also don't take antidepressants. Many users report feeling more positive, energized, motivated and note that this is a shift from their baseline. I figure there is probably some effect on a smaller level that mainly has to do with patching up years of hard drinking, but in day to day whatnot, there is no noticeable change.

• edited October 2017

Could cerebrolysin be taken as eye drops? Then more may go through the blood brain barrier and not have to worry about injection, or infection from the injection.
    EDIT: because of the optic nerve it will bypass the bbb.

• i mean you can try nasal spray. I think semax comes like that. Eye drops sound aweful, and I dunno if you wanna expose your eyes directly to a cocktail of nerve growth hormones

• edited October 2017

They use ngf as eye drops, it helps with vision by strengthening the optic nerve and travels the optic nerve to the brain, the only downside is its SUPER expensive(like $500 for a months worth). I have semax on the way, and I'm may get some cerebrolysin to try. I don't really want to do injections so I may try it.

• Also nasal cerebrolysin only gives people headaches, from what I've seen.

• edited November 2017

Just curious, is intramuscular injection fine or will it need to be intravenous? Bonus for any studies comparing the two.

• Intramuscular is fine. IV is better but not neccasary unless you're doing more than 5 ml at a time. That's usually used for trauma patients who are getting 60mls at a time
  • @cassox im down to try a group cerebro study. been wanting to try this for a year now. im in la area
  • @chironex said:
    Intramuscular is fine. IV is better but not neccasary unless you're doing more than 5 ml at a time. That's usually used for trauma patients who are getting 60mls at a time

Thanks for that.

• Anyone have any problems/concerns with the ciliary neurotrophic factor in the cerebrolysin reducing activity of osteoblasts?

• Not really. It's a really well studied drug and the issues with CNTF inhibiting the osteoblast differentiation in the papers I've seen don't really dive into what happens after the inhibition stops. Usually things would stabilize out.

• Yeah I couldn't find a whole lot of information on the effect on osteoblasts either, other than it reduces their activity. It would make sense they would resume normal or elevated activity at some point to return to equilibrium. Just thought I'd better bring it up for those who could have missed that and may have concern.