My Probable Implant Rejection Story

Hello Everyone.

I am an impatient bastard. I did not know of this forum, and I suppose that's from lack of searching the web. I watched a few videos and read some articles and said fuck it, I'll put one in. This being said I have attempted implanting a magnet once before. First time was a gold coated magnet. I did nothing more than look it over for pits, and stick it in my finger. I assure you the implant procedure was performed with surgical perfection. Rejection was due to aftercare... I coated the wound in Neosporin and covered with a band-aid every day. Apparently the wound became water logged and never healed right. First magnet popped out, so same day, same wound I dug the tunnel again and pushed a new magnet down in. The First time I thought it rejected because I put the magnet too close to the cut, and didn't stitch. So second time I dug the tunnel further and stitched it up. No Anesthesia which sucked. Like I said I didn't realize there was a forum filled with knowledge, and the second one rejected too, stitches were good but I was playing with it too much and it worked its way out. I said I'm not doing it again without anesthesia. So I did some research and found that a Parylene coating was better than gold, so I ordered 30 of them and some Lidocaine. I looked over the magnets and did a few physical tests and put one in an acid bath for a few days and was satisfied so I put one in.

Implanting a magnet into a finger to gain sensory perception to me is an upgrade. However many intelligent people think its stupid, like scarification, implanting silicone shapes, tattoos, or even piercing. Why open the body to infection, and risk losing an appendage or cause unsightly deformations? I'm not going to answer those questions. Seeing as I have put a magnet from SuperMagnetMan coated in Parylene in my left index finger you know which side I'm on. I have agreed to document my implant over the next few months (perhaps more) to show what a failure looks like. Maintaining anonymity the community suggests that this implant will almost certainly result in failure. Which I agree with lol. I'm hoping it doesn't, but in the spirit of science and adventure I will document my experiment. Wooohoo this is exciting. Ill be posting a video of my implant procedure (minus sound, thanks to my singing and breathing noises) and photos for your enjoyment. I sure hope I don't lose my finger, wish me luck :)

Comments