Transhuman Visions July 12th and a messy project thread

edited May 2015 in Community
We will be talking at the Transhuman Visions conference in Oakland on July 12th. This means that some poor soul decide that it would be a good idea to get us up on stage and talk to a bunch of hardline transhumanists in the Bay area. What could go wrong?

I know it's short notice and that it's on a Sunday of all things, and that people have real jobs, but if you are in the area, you should come by. Zoltan Istvan (el Presidente ;) will be there, as well as a bunch of really big news crews (Al Jazeera, some people from France, maybe Americans...). It's an excellent chance to both meet up with fellow grinders, and sit in the parking lot talking shit (Just basing this of the last trans. vis. conference we attended...)

Now, they invited us because they think my eyes are pretty, but I think we have a lot to bring. Properly the same thing we always discuss, Action and Access.

So, I was wondering if anyone here on the board could maybe talk a bit about some of the stuff getting done. If we're standing up there pointing fingers, it's best if the finger doesn't end up getting pointed at us, yknow ?  :)

Comments

• A bit too far for my tastes. But as always, video would be nice.
  • Well, I'm going to be driving up anyways. If you wanted you could come out the night before or something and then we drive up together dude. Let me know.
  • I'm not opposed to the idea. If the schedule works out, then it works out.
  • edited May 2015
    Ride..... Pls.... Want..... Go..... Bad..... Would be so down to speak and get fingers pointed at seeing as how I'm a transhumanist might piss off a few less people xD
  • Bring it.
  • Why is all,the fun stuff going down on the west coast
  • edited May 2015
    I've got a place in SF with couch room for a couple of people. If anyone needs somewhere to crash while in town just hit me up. 
  • edited May 2015
    Al Jazeera huh?  They're a real news organization (as opposed to FOX and MSNBC who filter their news through an upper middle class lens and neglect mentioning very important topics that effect people.) so be careful. 
    Good luck and don't forget to practice canned responses to hardball questions.  Get ready to handle questions on ethics, the law, and such from people who hate the idea of glow in the dark cats or monkeys who became able to see red or crops that grow where they previously couldn't despite the millions of lives they saved, most of whom were poor (Penn and Teller did a Bullshit! episode on the anti-GMO crowd debunking their silly claims, and there is a huge overlap between the anti-GMO crowd and anti-transhumanist.)
  • Hopefully they'll listen to sound logic and hard evidence.
  • Well if fingers need pointing, I can't be down myself I don't think but feel free to point them at some of the thought emporiums stuff. Like the joint transdermal project and myostatin diblock plasmid thing. The TDCS as well.
  • Is there anything in the works that we could throw some extra effort at and have all finished by the time the conference happens?

• In Monterey and would love a ride to this. Please hit me up if your in my neck of the woods.
  • As an Aussie I wouldn't be able to make it (travel and crap). Would appreciate some videos! Thanks.
  • I move there in a few days. I'll do my best to make it out.
  • sorry to bump this thread guys,

I won't be attending the conference anymore. I have a new job and making cash monies trumps ranting at strangers (sadly). It's a little early to take a sick day.

I'm pretty sure that @Cassox is still going and I know @meanderingman lives there.

I think it's really important that everyone keeps meeting in person. I just won't be tagging along this time.

Have fun, y'all