Has anyone with magnetic implants experimented w/ hooking it up to external devices?

edited February 2015 in Magnets
Check out this video with Kevin Warwick, who is a cyberneticist, who actually does research using magnetic finger implants as a shortcut to hardwiring the brain.  Here's the link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjnH9ruemfU
So he's using a wire wrapped around an implanted finger hooked up to ultrasonics, he's thinking about remotely sensing heat using infrared.  I'm thinking you could make a glove with the wiring in place and an attachment point at the wrist and just plug in a variety of devices.  
I think checking this video out is worth the time.  He starts talking about magnets at about 6 minutes in.  

Comments

• I believe Grindhouse Wetwares has made significant strides in this area with the Bottlenose. If I understand correctly, it allows for modular sensors for things like ultrasound, infrared, etc that "set off" the magnetic implants with sequenced vibrations (a little like morse code? They're not random is what I'm trying to get at).
  • Yeah.  Project Bottlenose is basically a device that you can hook sensors to, and it will translate it to a magnetic field (frequency is the control variable; the more the sensor's activated, the higher the frequency it pulses the electromagnet).  In fact, @Lucas_Dimoveo and I were inspired by Warwick's paper, though Tim came up with the same idea independently, AFAIK.