Free Magnets in exchange for bio-proofing.

edited February 2015 in Everything else
I recently bought 120 magnets and I'm willing to give half of them away to anyone who can bio-proof them for me.

I'm offering:

50 * 1mm, 0.5mm N35 nickle-coated magnets.
10 * 1mm, 1mm N35 nickle-coated magnets.

If you're interested let me know here and let me know what type of coating you offer and your experience with it.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hey, so I have absolutely no experience in this, but have you considered using a bone cement as a bioproofing? I'm not suggesting that you glue the magnets to your bones, what I'm suggesting is using a bit of bone cement as a coating, such that the magnet appears to your body to be a free floating bone. Hydraulic (water doesn't dissolve) bone cements are now fairly common, but I do not know the price range for them. I know that the cements are not useful for load bearing bones, however thats not really a problem here.

Concerns I would have with this method:

Does the bone cement affect the conductivity to the nerve endings?

Does it affect how well the magnets are affected by near EM fields?

Is the bone cement sufficiently waterproof to prevent your body from dissolving/reacting to the neodymium and nickel?

Will the body attempt to resorb a fragment of bone (even if its just bone cement)?

If you don't keep a fleshy barrier between your fingertip bone and the calcified magnet, will the body decide to fuse the two bones? I know that these cements are used in many places where it is expected that the bones will eventually regrow over the cemented area, so I find this highly likely.