Anyone have spare magnets for sale?

edited February 2015 in Magnets
I am planning on getting my first magnetic implant, I really don't want to have to wait for a group buy or deal with buying in bulk. What would be ideal is to just buy 2 magnets from someone who already has a few extras and is willing to part with them, and is already involved in Biohacking to avoid any unnecessary bureaucracy.

I want to inject it with an RFID needle, but am open to going traditional if that's recommended. Personally I would prefer the least amount of tissue damage. Since needle is my first choice, any parylene coated cylindrical magnets would probably be best.
Tagged:

Comments

• How big you want it?  I have 9 extra 2x7mm ones.  You could take a couple.  I'm thinking of going bigger for my other fingers.  I used these with a 2.17mm RFID injector and it worked just fine in a diminutive pinky.  Mine just came off of Amazon, though, and cost me like $10 total, so you could probably just go that route, too.
  • I'm not getting paid until November 1st. I'm assuming 7mm is the length? I'm planning on implanting it in my left hand ring finger. And I'm not sure where to go for an RFID injector, I found one but it's too small, I can't find any that are the proper size.
  • All the ones that are the proper size the minimum order is 20-4000, I'm only looking for 1-2
  • Make sure to get maybe 5, if you only want 1 implant.  For redundancy and safety.
  • edited October 2012
    You can get the RFID injector online.  I bought mine here, I believe.  Used the one for 1.4 through 2.15 mm tags.  Then just buy a few corresponding needles, and go.  Word of warning: there's a bit of glue stuff in the mouth of the needle, to lock things in place.  I had to scrape it out for mine to make it fit.  And here's an Amazon listing for a 2x7mm bar.  Doesn't tell you the strength of the magnet, but it's $3.15 for it, which is a little high but reasonable for low volume.  For future knowledge, magnetic stir bars are perfect sources of injectable magnets, it seems.
  • Thank you, is Teflon a good bioproofing material? I was just going to ask how much for one of your extras. Thanks for the link for the injector, it's been a bitch trying to find some for sale in low volume.
  • http://www.supermagnetman.net/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=2038&osCsid=04287bf6229940c814f67844f6337c77

Here are some cylindrical parylene coated neodymium magnets .75mm X 1mm, $0.30 each, I'm thinking of getting 9. So if I'm getting this, than i can get the injector I originally wanted http://www.rfidshop.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=334
  • That's pretty small, and I've heard that parylene falls apart pretty easily (yea?  Nay?).  I haven't read much about the performance of small bar magnets.  Since you're already using a big injector, why not go for a magnet that fits it more?  You could go up to a 2mm one, though for margin I would aim for a 1.5xsomething.  You can put one up to 2mmx11 in there though, I would imagine.
  • Sugru is what falls apart easily. There have been a lot of disasterous results with using sugru.