Plasma Donation

edited February 2015 in Everything else
Hello Grinders,
has anyone of you experience with blood donation?
They say it is not advisable to donate blood six months after the piercing or tattoo, so I ask if you have experience with blood donation in smaller time after any surgery. When is the longest time revealed an infection?

thx Cy
Tagged:

Comments

• I thought blood/plasma centers did that to protect themselves, not the person with the piercing. They are concerned your vitae might be tainted with an infection as a result of a new piercing. 
  • To be perfectly honest, I just lie.  Unless you still have your finger in a bandage, they have no reason to suspect you've had an implant, and if you didn't get a finger infection after implanting it, you're probably fine (of course, if you did get one, I'd lay off the blood donation for a little while).  I mean, they also ban you for life if you're a male who's had sexual contact with another male, which is just plain dumb.

As @DirectorX said, these rules are more to protect their own asses than anything else.
  • Agree, I was afraid of possibility that after my surgery I´ll not be able to donate blood for half a year.