Plans for my next nfc implant

edited August 2016 in RFID/NFC
My next implant I want to replace my work badge. I would like to inject this myself. The location I would like it would my right wrist on the top right side close to the edge slightly behind the Extensor Retinaculum of the hand. (I will provide a picture with my marked hand later) Is this a poor location?  From my research there is not much risk in this area, I would just like to be sure am I am not medically savvy.

Now as I wish to do this myself what is the best method to hold and tent the skin where I would like the implant? Would it be more ideal to have a friend to assist? This will be my first self modification so I want to do it right. 
Tagged:

Comments

• So from my own experience I would have the friend help if for nothing else moral support. My wife did mine and I don't think I could have done it without her (multiple reasons). the hardest part was trying to think of a way to both tent the skin and I jest with only one hand. Nothing was working well enough to say I was good to go. The extra hands make it ten times easier.
  • Inplanting alone is possible, ive done it myself Without thending the Skin alot. But some Have used tape and it was discussed in an earlier thread, you just have to grab a piece of tape and put Both ends on your Skin and pull the middle part with your teeth
  • It completely is possible but depending on your dexterity and the location it could be very difficult

Needle nose pliers, ductape, forceps, clamps, maybe a hair clip are all ways and I'm sure there is more. Heck maybe not even tenting 0o
  • I am glad to hear more about the tenting issue than the location. In diagrams that location looks to only have tendons, but I can easily avoid those. 

I like the suggestion of doing it with tape and your teeth. I feel as though I would mess that up as MeanderPaul pointed out dexterity. I think I will get my friend involved here.

Thanks guys! Ill let you know what I get this done of course.