I implanted this evening

2»

Comments

• I'm having a similar issue a in. It's been 12 days and 3 days ago I took my stitches out. The wound hasn't fully healed and I thought the magnet migrated too close to the open part of the wound so I decided to use another magnet to pull it back down. It worked but separated the healed skin a little. I put a butterfly strip along the open cut and let it be. All was good throuout the day but my dumb ass hit it and the wound opened up and bled a little with some puss. I am getting antibiotics tomorrow just in case the puss is from an infection. I'm hoping it is gonna turn out ok but I am worried.
  • After reading through some of these rejection problems I thought it important to ask about technique. In reverse chronological, pkp336, you had the suture in for 9 days? Ok, so I strongly advise 3 days. Remember that a suture works like a wick. It sucks up any moisture and bacteria. Did you keep it bone dry for the entire 9 days? If not, then the reason for infection was almost surely the suture. How much puss was it? Ok, so ice the hell out of it to take down inflammation. If there is remaining puss, consider using a lancet needle to drain it. They are available at any pharmacy (for diabetics).

Aviin, peeling... totally normal. You are correct that it's related to blood flow issues, but that doesn't mean you need to pull it out. A shallow implant is often totally visible... for a while. Then you'll notice the actual subdermal layers migrate in and cover the magnet. When this occurs you'll get some peeling of the outermost layers. Looks bad, but doesn't mean your going to reject. It means you kind of "walked the line" in terms of depth. Also, pushing against the skin... it happens. Cover it and leave it alone. Your body will adjust and relocate it deeper. This occurs as the subdermal layer begin covering the outer face. You are using sutures correct?
  • Ok, yeah I see your other posts. Good. One of the functions of the suture is to keep the magnet from migrating out. There will be some migration at first, but it shouldn't be too big a deal. When you make a pocket, the magnet should sit in it well. I've seen vids of "body mod artists" doing crap like literally forcing the magnet in... in that type of circumstance I can see serious migration but as long as it's under the skin at covered then just give it time.
  • Rejection truly means either a pocket of pus that needs to be excised or simply the tissue above wearing away/tearing open so that the implant is exposed to air. Under nearly any other circumstance, leave it alone. Weird things happen during healing, but if the skins intact and there is no infection... leave it be.
  • I think the puss was only because I relocated the magnet which ripped apart some of the recently healed tissue. I am on antibiotics. I had the sutures in for 9days and kept it dry and clean. It looks pretty good now. Not fully healed but just scabby.
  • I got the M31 in a week ago. Didn't suture. Kept the wound clean with iso and saline, as well as bandaged. The magnet was put in somewhat behind the skin, and hasn't migrated at all. I can see the skin starting to close back up, maybe another week or 2 until it fully closes.

Regarding the steps of picking up the sense; implantation -> healing -> registration of mechanical vibration -> brain learning to interpret info. I imagine that the wound needs to at least be healed closed, i.e. the magnet needs to be enveloped by tissue, to start feeling the mechanical vibration? Am I correct in thinking that?
  • That's not entirely the case.  Mechanical vibration can be felt even with a magnet that isn't implanted.  I've got some 1/2 inch diameter neodymium discs that I can sit on a fingerpad and feel fields.  It's a neat way to show others what having an implant feels like.  Well, sort of.  The effect is not nearly so good as when you have an implant, but the basic idea and sensation is the same.

You might have reduced sensitivity after a magnet is freshly implanted dependent on how much damage to nerves was inflicted during the process.  Don't worry, though, as the nerves heal with time.  Stronger fields are likely still detectable for you right now.  Explore :).
  • What about how long it takes for the actual sense to kick in. Am I supposed to be actively finding and spending time in EM fields? @Cassox says around 6 months, but what if you don't spend regular time around fields strong enough for the magnet to pick up?
  • Don't explore too much. You need to let it heal properly first. The last thing you need is to be goofing of and to ruin your implantation.

If you are not in a place that has fields strong enough for the magnet to pick up, then you are using some new form of communication which does not require a computer to connect to the internet ;)
  • @glims, good to know, thanks guys. Concerns are mostly alleviated.