2 Cyborgs and a Microphone

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Subscribed, liked and commented!

• This time, the topic is our community. The spotlight is on everyone here! Spoiler: I'm kind of a jerk when I open my mouth.

• Episode 016 is about cyborgs in science fiction. We have our own favorites. Which ones were missing from our list?
  • 15 andd 16 were my favorite,, inspector gadget was the best, I wanted to watch them backward ffrom 17 but just couldnt wait after reading the comments, great work guys

• We just released episode 017 which was about acetylcholine a brain chemical which can help with memory and focus. Tim is really the brain chemistry expert between us so my purpose was to ask questions and let Tim teach.

• In this episode Tim and I talk about failures we've seen. Not just things like rejected magnets but flat-out what-the-hell-were-you-thinking projects.
    There is a running joke on biohack.me and if you listen at 22:25 I mention it.

• Hello, listeners.
    Tim and I would like to do a show on gene editing with a focus on CRISPR. I know next to nothing about this and I was hoping someone here would be willing to take the time for a Skype or a phone call and talk with me about it. It wouldn't be recorded, just a chance for me to ask all the noob questions. PM me if you can.

We'll have another show tomorrow and this time we're talking about the singularity. It seems like Singularity should be capitalized even though it hasn't happened and doesn't have a perfect definition. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Thank you, all!

• As promised. here is our episode on the Singularity. This episode has a few naughty words which are a change from our usual format.

• Episode 20.
    This time we tackled a pretty serious subject, religion.
    Give it a listen, it gets a little tense between Tim and me.

Also, if anyone is, or knows, a religious scholar who is opposed to grinding and would like to discuss it please send them my way. This isn't to try to "win" or put an end to the debate, I simply want to have a frank discussion about the whole deal.
    [email protected]

• Episode 21
    2xCb+Mic was started as a part of Twin Cities Plus, a Humanity+ chapter and local charity. Unfortunately, TC+ has had to shut down. 2xCb+Mic will continue without the help of TC+. During this show, we discuss why it failed and what's next. Also, a few words to earn our "EXPLICIT" rating on iTunes.
  • Good to hear you guys are keeping it going. *bionic thumbs up*

• We did a show on genetic engineering. It's exciting stuff even if a lot of it went over my head.

• Project management doesn't seem like a terribly exciting subject but I've seen some worthy project fail to get off the ground due to poor planning.

• I don't know if YouTube videos are working here any more.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW2dV8BPvNY
    Tim and I just released a show on cryonics. It's currently the most actionable step toward immortalization.

• Youtube link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGpa-Qxn3Cg
    Show page
    http://www.twocyborgs.com/episodes

We did our second episode on human longevity. This time we talked about uploading someone's personality and intelligence to a computer.
  • Youtube link
    https://youtu.be/LK2WU_3o6zA
    Show Page link

This was our third and final (for now?) episode on immortalizing humans. Mostly, we talked about Aubry deGrey's work on biological immortality for humans. This guy may be way ahead of his time.

• Show page link

Let's be honest, episode 026 wasn't our best work.
    After listening to ourselves, we wanted to improve so we made some subtle changes to the way we organize ourselves. Episode 027 is leagues better in our opinion.

Have you considered that as ever-changing organisms our rights will need to change? A recently released paper talks about four new human rights that our community is aptly posed to understant.
  • @Radiance, I'm glad you like it. The episodes get better and more fluid as they progress. We're not afraid of feedback or discussion either.
  • @Radiance, I'm glad you enjoyed the show. We don't consciously limit ourselves but we never want to prattle on. Since we're not radio hosts we don't have to worry about making our show fit exactly into a XX minute time slot and that's liberating. As Tim and I get more XP, we have been finding it easier to talk and establish a flow.
    Tim was primarily responsible for the Project Management episode and he was delighted to hear that it was your favorite. He's also the nootropics expert and we have another nootropic episode topic which we should be recording in the next month. Even I'm excited about that one.
    Thank you for the feedback and I hope you keep listening.

• Gender is a topic that crops up often enough that it seems worth addressing. It's a subject that's under scrutiny in mainstream media and that's amplified in grinder culture.

• YouTube link

So far, computer↔brain interfaces have been solely science fiction but Elon Musk has made some very non-fiction investments of time and money.
  • edited July 2017

YouTube Link

NMN [WIkipedia link] is a potential nootropic to reverse aging in human soft tissue. It wasn't prohibitively expensive so Tim and I tried it for a month then recorded a show about what we found.

• YouTube Link

This episode is about our opinions of performance enhancing chemicals and nothing was off the table. Not intentionally anyway, so if we missed a PEC, what did we miss?

• We have episode 033 ready for everyone. I attended DEF CON 25 and I brought back stories.

• On episode 30, what source did you use for the NMN? I'm considering sourcing some for a more rigorous study than you did.

• Personal exposure for biohackers, grinders, and cyborgs is a big deal. We joke about how our implants make us superheros but we also value our secret identity to a degree. Most of the time we can hide behind the anonymity of the internet or at least wager that our online identity is insulated from our meatspace identity; the one that appears on our birth certificate. Revealing augmentations can drastically alter how people perceive those identities so Tim and I explore how those revelations affect us.

• @countseven, @ShankT has the information about the NMN source. I just asked him to swing by and answer the question.

• Cryptocurrencies may be the "coin" of choice for us. They're digital so payments can be made with a tag if you have the right hardware in place. Tim gives us a lesson about what happens under the hood of these virtual currencies.

• This is the episode you didn't know you were waiting for. Sex robots. We have a good reason for this episode, aside from the puns and one-liners.