Questions before I implant my magnet

edited November 2016 in Magnets
Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've done tons of research into magnet implants, and feel like I have a pretty strong understanding of it. Soon I'll be getting my first magnet, and I thought I would ask a few questions before I get to implanting.

1. I know I want to implant it on the ring finger of my left hand. In terms of placement, I am unsure where to put it. Is there an optimal spot on the finger which is least likely to damage the magnet? Preferably I would want it slightly below the center of the fingertip. As in, dead center being the swirl of a fingerprint, slightly below that is where I would want to place it. I realize how hard it is to describe that now.

I guess my question is really, based on all of your experience, where would you recommend placing the magnet?

2. The more important question: I see a tiny, faint sort of blood vessel basically dead center on all of my fingers. Like some sort of tiny blue vein. Is this something I should worry about/ avoid during implantation? Or are the blood vessels in that region too small to be problematic?

Thanks!

Comments

[LINK]
    Here is an x-ray of my hands. I have a Haworth magnet in my left ring finger and an m31 in my left index finger. You can pretty clearly see the placement of these from the picture.
  • You won't want it centered on the pad of your finger because it'll get in the way when gripping things, you'll want to do it off to one side.  I chose the side facing the pinky finger because it wont bump against the neighboring finger as my pinky is shorter than my ring finger.  
  • Thanks guys, I'll be doing the same as you, placing it off center towards the pinky. @McSTUFF where did you make your incisions? More towards the side of finger or middle?
  • ightden is exactly correct.
    For questions about the procedure please consult the wiki. I went to a piercing artist for all my implants so I'm not much help.