Transhumanism/Grinding Discord Server

edited November 2016 in Community
Hello everyone,
There is a transhumanism/grinding discord server:
https://discord.me/transhumanism

More information about it can be found here:
https://www.transhumanism.me/transhumanism-discord-server/

Discord is a text chat and voice chat so you can actually talk with people from all over the world which is a lot of fun.

Topics are:
  • Futurism
  • Longevity
  • Upcoming science
  • The Singularity
  • Food Supplements
  • Implants
  • Economics of the Future
  • Politic Systems of the Future
  • Biohacking
  • etc.

Comments

• Yay... another place for discussion... (there was sarcasm there)

Could you just tell them all to come here? So we're all in one place? There's not really enough of us to have so many difffetent discussion mediums.
  • The difference between a discord server and most other places is voice group chat.

Hearing other people and having a real discussion with arguments and counter arguments is very fruitful. It is also more like meeting real people if you can hear them instead of just reading what they write.
  • Ok I'm going to sound old but....how about going out traveling and meeting them....
  • @Meanderpaul
    Is that what people did before Facebook, if so did actually have to get to know someone beyond there latest status post on there wall?0_o

But really I am with you just meeting up is better....
  • It is! you must be old to?!?!
  • I don't do social media. If I have something to say I can say it to the person or people I feel should know it. Don't care for the whole world to see everything I have to say. I'll admit to being one of those people who likes to photograph everything. Though for me it's more to record it than to share it. I have an ever growing collection of pictures that I have no intent of every sharing. Though, I may one day, and certainly could if certain people asked. Say... "Do you have a picture of the dogs from that day a couple weeks ago when they were laying upside all funny looking?" (I'd have that sort of thing, may take time to find it, but I could.)

Also, not opposed to voice chats. But I do think that it should be prominently advertised there that this forum here exists, and vice-versa.
  • @meanderpaul
    I am 18 those are stories my grandmother told me growing up.
    Just kidding, I hate social media.
  • I never got into social media.  The closest i came was various forums and groups.

I assume I am one of the oldest members here (45) but I suspect there are some not too far behind me.  I'm more curious than wanting to implant all kinds of things in my body but I haven't ruled out a magnet or maybe the Firefly implant someday.

Mostly though, I have been sticking with less invasive stuff like tDCS and Tens devices.  I have lots of other interests that don't really fit in this forum but I know others have experimented with them.