Looking for implanter near Upstate SC

edited October 2016 in Community
I'm just dipping my feet into the water here, but I made up my mind and want to get a magnet implant in my finger. Sadly I'm only 16 and can't travel too far to get it done. Anyone know anything nearby me? Many thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• I don't think any would give you one because of your age.
  • Do you have any recommendations? I'm in Greenville, SC and have been looking for a little while since I would rather not go to a generic piercer and hope they get it right.
  • i mean an implant not recommendations. Think about how old you need to be for an earring then think about a tattoo. no take those things that happen OUTSIDE of your skin and think about having some one do a form of surgery and ask yourself this:
    would some person willingly cut my finger open being under age for no real reason but to shove some object in?
  • well let's be a little more optimistic here - do you have your parents onboard and are they willing to give consent?

• I've been in a very non optimistic mood lately but hey we can be.

Here is the state laws in regards to piercing:
    http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t44c032.php

It makes no mention of subdermal BUT it does mention what is aloud and that is the body parts and it says through the skin.

") "Body piercing" means the creation of an opening in the body of a human being so as to create a permanent hole for the purpose of inserting jewelry or other decoration. This includes, but is not limited to, piercing of an ear, lip, tongue, nose, or eyebrow. "Body piercing" for the purpose of this chapter does not include piercing an ear lobe with a disposable, single-use stud or solid needle that is applied using a mechanical device to force the needle or stud through the ear lobe."

As for you having permission:

" It is unlawful for a person to perform or offer to perform body piercing upon a person under the age of eighteen years, unless the body piercing is performed in the presence of, or as directed by a notarized writing by, the person's parent or legal guardian."

This is open to a little more interpretation which probably goes more towards having the adult present and signing a waiver. I don't know though as I'm not from there or know anyone there.

If you are looking for a shop a regular tattoo shop can't do it for sure. You will want a piercer.
  • Personally I wouldn't do an implant on a minor even with parents their giving consent in person. Some parents will let kids whatever they like and I wouldn't trust the kid to take proper care of it. Even if I didn't care about their safety, I would care about my business and they could try to sue even with proper documentation. Even now at 20 I am worried about getting one just because I know how likely I would be to do something wrong during healing. I know there are many responsible minors on this forum but just someone walking in on the street definitely not.
  • So how's this going? Find anyone to perform the install?
  • Bottom line you can always implant it yourself. You can completely eliminate any sensation in the finger if you cool it in ice for long enough, and the people here are more than happy to give you advice on what disinfectants to use and the types of supplies you should be looking for.
  • @chase561 is right self implant will remove the whole need to find permission and such. If you are doing it one way or another..no one here will let you do it wrong/unsafe simply because you are young. That said consider what you are doing and the fact that you are putting something in you.

If you decide to continue there is a lot of information regarding sterilized area, tools, cleaning the site.

Simply ask or even do a search.