Magnet removal

edited September 2016 in Magnets
Did a quick search while at work but didnt see anything. Anyways ive had two magnets for about three years now. The other day i noticed one of my fingers with an implant was tender and ended up digging a bunch of steel pieces out (i work in a steel fab shop). My finger is still pretty tender and ive begun to worry that the magnet (pareleyen coated) may be damaged and rejecting. So planning for the worst, whats the best way to remove a magnet? I wanted to see how other people have done it before i just go in and start cutting and destroy my finger. Thanks in advance for any help!
Tagged:

Comments

• from what I've heard make a small cut big enough for the magnet to exit and use a larger to pull it out but i would wait for smarter people to chime in. 
  • Thats exactly what i was thinking of doing
  • That's basically how I plan to remove one of mine soon. It's already pretty shallow so I don't think I'll need to make a deep slice.
    Starting with a small incision sounds like the best idea, since you can always make it just a little bigger with a scalpel but you can't make it smaller if you go and carve out a big chunk.
    Do you have any tipical lido? That might be handy.
  • See im worried about it because mine is pretty deep...
  • The ER will cut it out for you if you don't want to :)
  • Haha id slice my finger to pieces long before i pay to have it removed at the er
  • And answer the questions that would come with.
  • Eh, I've done it before it's not that bad.