New Longevity Treatment

Have you guys been following Elysium?

They've finally released a product:
http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2016/08/elysium-health-offers-combination.html

Their notes say 4-16 weeks for noticeable effects... 
Tagged:

Comments

• ooh boy new snake oil pills, neat
  • @ightden Healthy skepticism, I approve. 

I think the product is just a basic supplement, nothing you cant already get under a hundred different brands.

Which raises the question... Elysium has a lot of respected scientists, and a lot of venture capital, is this really all they'll be doing or are they just releasing it to stay in the press?

Or is this just a group of people trying to cash in on the longevity fad...
  • edited August 2016
    Well, have they released the contents of their pills? If not, it might be wise to source a single pill or a bottle, crack 'em open, and run chemical analysis. Skepticism is good, but not justifying your skepticism with a responsible course of action is unwise.
  • Hey @ightden why not try not being an asshole right out of the gate? I'm tired of it and I'm sure others are also.
  • @TheGreyKnight

Check here for the product label showing what it contains.

Only 2 active ingredients and Google shows that they are both widely available.  You might have to do some weighing and calculating to get the exact dosage they use but it doesn't look like they are hiding what they contain.

Per serving (2 capsules)

Nicotinamide Riboside 250mg.

Pterostilbene 50mg.

• I'm an asshole for being critical of shitty pseudoscientific nonsense spam posts on the board.  You got me there.  But they've got six "Noble" prize winners on board, eh? maybe something to this...  sign me up!  im sure I'll experience some amazing benefits like "cellular detoxification"!  for only 600 dollars a year too, what a steal.
  • You can be critical and not be a dick.
  • Oh God. Drama on the biohack boards? I thought that was a uniquely furry problem. 

*grabs popcorn and snake oil pills and sits to watch and detoxify*
  • IT's a small community, so it's hard to get dramatic, but we do what we can.
  • *crashes in through a window, catching everything on fire* ^^

Curious to know if the 60-80 range has been tested, what would the effects be on 10-15, 16-20 and 20-30?
  • I was having a confrontational day :) but he does need to not be a tool.