Grindfest 02: Altered States, April 8-10 - Everyone had a blast!

2»

Comments

• edited March 2016
    I need a ride now, too. I could take the motorcycle, but dang, that's a long ride...

I live in SF
  • Stuff came up here as well. GFs Birthday. She'd kill me.

Maybe next time!
  • Tshirts made it in. Supplies are arriving. I hope everyone is ready for a great time next week. :D
  • I'm going to try out the cerebrolysin IV tonight, along with the Gansfeld Hi strobe. Fun fun.
  • Who the fuck just has an old electron microscope and throws it on CRAIGSLIST?!?
  • That's exactly what I was thinking, and projects in mind for it?
  • 3 days away! Get your experiments and ideas ready :) 

There will be a signup wall for breakout sessions - learn suturing, get involved in the biohack peer review journal or add your own session! Put up something you want to teach, learn or talk about then see who signs up. Those are your people!

There are various altered states to try -- including the blacklight lit alcohol. I didn't get many trippy decorations, so if you have something that would work for blacklight decoration feel free to bring it.

PM me or add to the thread if you have any questions or concerns. 
  • "Peer review journal", Are we starting a news letter?
  • For those of us not on teh Slacks, can we get a reup of that peer review journal conversation?
  • edited April 2016
    @glims
    How can I join slacks? Also how ware do I sign for that peer review journal?
  • My question exactly!
  • @cyberlass
    How can me and glims join slacks? Also how ware do we sign up for that peer review journal?
  • edited April 2016
    @JohnDOe and @glims grindsyndicate.slack.com and ask to join.

Also, Heads up everyone, the weather is forecast for cold and showers all weekend, so plan/dress accordingly. We plan to string some tarps up outside for shelter...
  • I'm on Slack, I was just encouraging cross platform communication. I electrified your ab meats, how could you forget me?! *sniff*
  • How do you get one of those strange emails? (I ask at risk of sounding stupid....)
  • Almost at grindfest!
  • Fantastic. Thanks everyone. I think they keep getting better.
  • Good time was had by all! I will post a new discussion on some of the things we talked about ... later, kinda wiped out right now. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's photos and videos. :)
  • Just got home earlier today at 6:30am our time! Had a fantastic time!

Just want to thank @cyberlass and @cassox for making my first grindfest super awesome!
  • I finally made it home.  Thanks again to everyone who made this, especially @Cassox, @cyberlass, and @Helyx.  I'm already counting the days to the next one ...

I just took out the mattress suture for my blood diamond mag.  The not-knot side was too tight to cut, so I had to cut the knot and pull it through all 4 holes (if that makes sense).  It looks great though, healed up pretty quick and you can already barely tell there was an incision.  I hope others have had as much success, and no one gets a case of the bens.

I'll try to get a video together soon. 
  • Hey, I have about ten shirts left. Hit me up if you want to purchase any.
  • What do they look like?
  • What do they look like, and how much are they?
  • when is the next one?