Completely new to biohacking - Getting started

edited March 2015 in Community
Hey. I've recently become interested in all of this, after reading about people putting RFID tags into their hands in order to unlock doors or even their car. After doing a little reading on this site I know that there's also implantable biomagnets that seem to be pretty common, but I have absolutely no idea what they're for or what kind of tag to choose (RFID or NFC.) I could really use some advice on how to get started in the world of a Grinder,  just keep in mind that I'm an absolute beginner to this.

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Advice - read a bunch of the threads in the Magnetic Questions, Implant Stories, RFID implants/tags, and Magnet Tech categories. Spend a good day or two reading, and you'll have a much greater understanding of what you're getting into.

NFC is an RFID chip with standards, most can be read by Android phones. Dangerous Things has a NFC chip and injector kit for sale on their website.

For a disc magnet (used to sense magnetic fields, etc.) look at the M31 magnet by Dangerous Things. It has a Titanium Nitride coating, best for implanting by far.

They also just came out with the M36, a cylindrical magnet strong enough to pick up some light metal objects (think teaspoons, etc.). Look for the 'Big ass magnets you inject with a syringe' thread.

They also sell a pain management kit, which you may be able to get depending on your country and the legalities surrounding the products.

There's also a wiki I haven't looked into yet.

Bottom line - read lots, plan lots, find a recommended implanter if you're not comfortable with doing it yourself.

Google is also your friend.