INTRODUCING THE THOUGHT EMPORIUM

edited February 2015 in Community
Allow me to formally reintroduce the thought emporium. It is the brainchild of myself and a friend who isn't on the forum. We've been working together for a while now and this is our first big move to a more professional outlet. Today marks the launch of our new site thethoughtemporium.com. It hosts our store were we will offer a wide variety of biological specimen from out growing collection as well as our updated and upgraded study buddy, our flag ship tdcs device. It also hosts our blog and just like sfm it will host procedures for various things as well as some other great science. So check it out and let us know what you think!
Tagged:

Comments

• So last weekend we received the second last piece we needed for our tdcs units and spent the time finish off this round of 50 units. They are currently on preorder and will ship as soon as the last piece arrives (banana plugs for connecting electrodes). We'll also locally be hosting an event that will hopefully deplete our stock and have us onto the next round (and allow us to start3-4 new projects) which won't be available for a couple months. So for all those interested in one of the units head over to our website and check them out while you can. I'm letting you know since we just started our local ad campaign and are expecting preorders to ramp up in the next few days, so grab em while you can.
  • You mentioned a lab rat package that includes details for feedback you'd like... any word yet on those documents? I've enjoyed using mine, but I'd like to give back if I can somehow. I'm not quite sure how/what to quantify and record for viable feedback. 
  • sorry birdperson, I know you've been itching to help with that. We've been so swamped getting the devices ready and ads and everything it's sort of been saved to the last second to be dealt with. We have talked about it though and we're basically looking for this: How often do you use it? What placement do you usually use? How does it feel when you use it? How do you feel as the functional period runs out (so after the hour and a half)? Have you noticed any positive affects? Negative? Have you noticed any redness after use?

The idea was that once we're in full production anyone who signs up for the lab rate bundle would be provided a list of thing to memorize and use the hat to help with. So once every 2 weeks the above would have to be filled in and submitted for the first 2 months and then once a month for the next 3 months after that. The memory test I just mentioned would be submitted at the same time. You'd have to memorize (without the hat) it the first day and over the next week see how well you can still memorize it. Then repeat with the hat on the first day. There's a spot on the site to submit all that and we'd provide an acess code after you purchase the bundle. Since you already want to help I can get you the password if you like. PM me.
  • Impressive, @drjaaz. I want Madagascars, but I have to wait until I live alone for that.
  • Hi I am the other member of the thought emporium, just got my account up on the forum looking forward to getting involved in some of the projects here
  • Welcome to the forum @ThirsSilence. Looking forward for another video update on you guys and your current projects and the outcomes.
  • I've been working on putting together the video on how to run blast analysis but am swamped at the moment. May do it tonight. As to an update we finally received the last piece we were missing for the study buddies and will have them available for sale shortly. I'll do a video update on the facebook page tonight at the least. Also a bunch of exciting announcements so i'll put them in there too (some of which also ended up on the blog on our site since i got over excited).
  • The first batch of our tdcs units are done. The electrodes are another week out but if you just want a unit head over to the site! They'll be gone fast so grab them while you can!

• Ok so we sat down and had a think. Pricing on our stuff was too high, especially for a startup. We have massive changes coming to the site but the first major one is a huge price reduction. The elctrodes weren't feasible to make at a high enough quality that we'd be happy to supply them so we scrapped them. The unit works fine with basic sponges anyway. That's what we use anyway but they're compatible with most commecial varieties if you happen to have a set ying around you'd rather use. The current full package contains a toque and the TDCS unit and instead of 90 the price has been lowered to $25. Comes with a bottle to mix saline solution and instructions. The thing opens up for the battery and you can see the circuit we used. Expect some big things in the near future but this is the first taste.
  • This is incredible! I can't wait to see some future products!
  • edited May 2015
    Ok so i've got the new site up and running. It's hosting the stuff about the new transdermal project and will grow over the coming weeks as I have time to turn more projects into nicely formatted sarif type posters. 

Check it out and lemme know what ya think!
  • fix your link yo