Sound powered implants?

The user and all related content has been deleted.
Tagged:

Comments

• My immediate thought is that I wonder what advantages or disadvantages it has over inductive power.
  • I'm with drew. I see no reason why induction couldn't be used. Unless the device is radically more powerful and smaller than an induction system of course. I dunno seems hoaky.
  • I suspect ultrasound passes through our squishy tissue more efficiently than an inductive charging field. The gain would be the ability to receive data from a deeply implanted sensor. Maybe it could directly measure the toxicity of an organ that needed frequent  monitoring. Pure speculation on my part but worth keeping an eye out for.
  • ya seems valid. i guess if it was deep enough it could work but ultrasound is harder to generate than a magnetic field. especially if it's carrying information and not just power.
  • one main advantage of ultrasound is. you can focus it. so if you know the location of the implant you can focus the power onto it. overall i still think inductive is the best choice for many applications as it provides really high power across the skin barrier.