NFC Implants and Okidokeys

edited February 2015 in RFID/NFC
For those with NFC chip implants, I have received one of the "Okidokeys" smartcard deadbolts and am working on getting it to read the xNT implants from Amal. I will update here with info as I figure it out...

So far, I know the keys it ships with are unformatted/NDEF-less Mifare Ultralight cards. I couldn't get them to play nice with Android, but I am now using a USB reader and Windows toolset that is making headway. It seems the key is bing able to write specific pages of memory individually, hopefully I don't "brick" the chip in my hand...
Tagged:

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Duplicating the serial number from pages 04-05 doesn't work. All the keys I received have unique UIDs in pages 00-01, but they all share the same data in "Internal/Lock" page 02. However, that page is not writeable on my implant, it seems. If anyone knows a way to crack that sucker, please speak up - this is NOT the OTP data in page 03, this is the page immediately prior.

EDIT: Progress! I missed it before, but the last byte of page 09 is "08", not "00" like everything else. Writing that to a tag now makes the door read it, but reject it (despite having the same data as the working keycard).

EDIT2: I filled the OTP bits in one of my keycards and it still works, so those seem to be irrelevent to the key's validity.
  • Tried everything I could, up to and including booting up Linux to try cloning or cracking a key with libnfc, after I realized several memory pages were encrypted and weren't showing up at all in Android or Windows.

The lock does NOT work with 125KHz RFID at all, and only supports the 13.56MHz keys that Okidokeys sells, NOT other other NFC devices (despite being advertised as such). I emailed their tech support and they confirmed this, the lock will only work with the keys they sell.

If you want a lock to use with an implant, this ain't the one.