Book Recommendation: James Rollins, " The Eye of God", major character with magnetic implants

edited February 2015 in Everything else
I just wanted to throw this out there to anyone who might be looking for a good book that ties in with these discussions.  This book was actually the first I'd really heard in depth about "magnetic vision"; I had heard of people implanting magnets, but the articles I saw made it out as more of a freak thing, without explaining the point.  This book, introduces a new character to a series of books and the character is first seen in a grinding warehouse, getting his ten implants, one per finger, replaced.  
The author does a decent job of describing the sensation and the way in which having these implants allows this character to perceive the world differently.  I think some people in this forum may find it interesting.  I also think some of you may have read it already; at least if Amazon points out books to you that it thinks you'll like with the decent accuracy with which it does me.  Rollins popped up as a recommendation for me and I enjoyed the book, have since read them all, but I'm always looking for something to read. 
Tagged:

Comments