Skin around the implant is turning green/yellow

edited March 2017 in RFID/NFC
4 days ago (27th Feb 2017) I've implanted an NFC01 xNT chip from cyberise.me into my left arm (left half of the wrist). The wound healed with no problems and the swelling went away after a day or two. Since then I don't even notice the implant i.e. the area doesn't hurt anymore, even on touch. But today I noticed the skin around the implant turning green/yellow. I have never heard or seen anything like that happen after an implant and since I have no prior experiences with implants, I'm worried that something is going wrong even though it doesn't hurt.
Should I be worried or is this normal?

Comments

• I'm guessing it might just be bruising. keep an eye on it. 
  • I really hope so. I'll keep an eye on it.
  • edited March 2017
    This has actually happened to me every time I have gotten an implant (I have 4 now). Kinda scared me the first time. 

The bruising typically shows up the most at 5-6 days, and fully fades away at about 2 weeks. 

Unless it begins to hurt again, swell a bit, or feel hot to the touch, you should be all good. But yeah, this is exactly how mine always look.

Edit: If this had been a post about firefly implants I would have laughed my ass off.
  • NoxNox
    edited March 2017
    Mine looked exactly the same. The piercer took his time & squeezed my skin for ages before he did the implanting.

It healed without any complication (besides a maddening itch).

Got an update on the healing process?
  • I agree with what others have said, it's almost certainly just bruising, around 3 days after every implant I've had done, the area becomes slightly yellow, this lasts for about a week. It's normal and nothing to worry about.
  • Don't worry it's just a little bruising. I had this happen to me with my cyberize implant. 
  • Watch for the classical signs of infection: pain, redness, swelling and heat. If these occur you will need antibiotics.

The area is probably tender after the implant and the bruising will go down.