Grindfest 3
  • BirdMachineBirdMachine February 5
    That falls on my birthday weekend and I am 1000% ok with getting to personally celebrate another survived rotation around this Sun with quality humans doing quality projects :D need to check with work but I'm almost positive I can work with this.
  • CassoxCassox February 5
    Awesome!
  • mmuyskensmmuyskens February 6
    Works for me.... Reminds me I should request the time off...
  • CassoxCassox February 6
    Ok, I've tentatively updated the Auglim page with the new dates.
  • AerisAeris February 6
    Not sure if I could really contribute much, but the change would bring it after my finals so I could technically attend.
  • CassoxCassox February 6
    Nice! So far it's better for everyone. Its cool. Contributions are appreciated of course, be it projects, talks, money, whatever.. But not mandatory at all. Just come out and have fun.

Also, more info on grindfest can be found at augmentationlimitless.com

There's a link at the top of the page.
  • mmuyskensmmuyskens February 8
    Bringing booze is mandatory lol.
  • CassoxCassox March 7
    So I'm really working on the planning stage now. Anyone who wants to be a planner etc. please jump on the Slack Boards. Also, I'm going to have to figure out the Paintball gun situation. I'm considering having a dude come out with the guns and do CO2 refills etc. It's a tad pricey though.. so if we go this route there will have to be deposits made. I'll have more information on the deposits thing on the EVENTBRITE page.

Any ideas? Who's going to need to rent a gun? It seems like rental, including balls and gas and mask run about 50$. A little more for the guys time too. So who needs a gun? Does anyone have extras? Do people want to switch over to making it an Airsoft event instead?
  • CassoxCassox March 7
    Ok as a possible alternative look at these:

http://www.ansgear.com/JT_US_50_Semi_Auto_Paintball_Pistol_Green_p/jtus50pistolgreen.htm

Semi-auto CO2 cylinder driven Paintball guns. It would probably be cheaper to get a bunch of these. So if you don't arrange your own paintball gun.. you still get to play but it's with a shitty gun. Lol. Sound fair?

Also, if we did do some head-to-head 1 on 1 type games.. it would be fun to have people be totally equilized in terms of equipment. Any ideas?
  • A western duel shootout style competition might be interesting and fun! (Maybe there's something we could test in regarding reaction times, too?)
  • CassoxCassox March 8
    Yeah. I think I'm going with the crap pistols instead of the service. It's going to be cheaper and we can keep them to make into something else I have an idea for. If this was some seriously competitive thing it would matter.. but come on.
  • Xaion27Xaion27 March 10
    holy crap this sounds amazing
  • CassoxCassox March 10
    The Eventbrite page is live. Please sign up as it helps us to plan food volume etc. Also, the event isn't 60 bucks. You don't need to pay to come. The 60 buck option is so that you can have a paintball gun and supplies set up for you when you get here. Also, please share this junk on your social media accounts and whatnot. It'd be nice to get a large turnout.
  • CassoxCassox March 16
    I just had an idea. Lots of people keep emailing.. yet few ever use the sign up on ever Brite even though it has a free option. I was trying to come up with an incentive. Next year what if I did charge something. Like 30 bucks.. the point would be that I could make up a bag of swag for participants... Thoughts?