New article series on everything from fusion to nanotech to medicine

edited December 2016 in Everything else
I've started writing an article series on the field of nanotechnology. It'll be some highlights of the field, some of my work and where I see the various technologies going. In this first article I talk about my first experience with nanotechnology and a weird little particle called a quantum dot. They're fairly common now so many of you probably already know a bit about them.

LINK
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi @Chironex:

Thanks for writing such a beautifully designed and articulate summary of a cool nanotechnology like quantum dots. Are you going to keep posting on medium or are you going to nestle that back into the Thought Emporium?

Also, not to be a douche and grammar nazi, but I wanted to offer a few corrections to your Thought Emporium page related to your research projects. There are a couple misspellings that jumped out. I offer these with the hope of raising the quality of the presentations of biohacking projects and any potential investors/buyers/proponents who may happen to see it.

On the Fireflies page:

"Compatable" should be "Compatible" and;
    "Biodegradeable" should be "Biodegradable"

On the Transdermal page:

"Componant" should be "Component"

On the Magnetic Zeolite page:

"Silicas" should be "Silica's"
    "Acccessible" should be "Accessible" 

Keep up the awesome work! I am truly intrigued by the work being done and in being an advocate for transhumanist/biohacking dialogue across disciplines, both inside academia and in the labs and garages all over the world. 

• Thanks @DACPA glad you liked it. I think i'm gonna be posting on medium, I like the format better than the blog thing built into my site. Easy to use and access, easier to share. Thanks for catching those, I'll be sure to fix them!

• Just finished writing my next article. While not strictly in the same series, it instead details my time working on my fusion reactor and some of the things I learned in the process. 

• My next article is finished. This time looking at cosmic rays and radiation. If you ever saw the listen to lightning thread, you'll recognize VLF radio near the end.