Cybathlon, worlds first competition for cyborgs

edited September 2016 in Everything else
On Saturday, 8 October 2016 there's gonna be the world's first cybathlon in Kloten Switzerland. It's not exactly the same as disscused on this site, but it also suits the description of grinders. Body Hacking with artifacts from the future.

Different teams from all over the world will take part in this event. And my school is one of them. 

They will compete in six disciplines; 
  1. Brain-Computer Interface Race
  2. Functional Electrical Stimulation Bike Race
  3. Powered Arm Prosthesis Race
  4. Powered Arm Prosthesis Race
  5. Powered Exoskeleton Race
  6. Powered Wheelchair Race

There is a lot of media coverage lately and I think it is really intersting to see what is possible and how it is used.

Maybe some of you guys are interested in it
Tagged:

Comments

• How does this differ form the special olympics?
  • edited September 2016
    Are you talking about paralympics?

You don't have powered disciplines in those. (I think)
    Here everything is somehow powered and controlled by the pilot's brain.
    You got paralyzed people driving a bike with the help of muscle stimulation or people with no arms taking part with powered arm prosthesis.

And also for the developers and researches to challange them self and others.
    I don't think they do it just for the competiton, I think it's more to promote and show what is possible with modern technology
  • @JohnDoe, it is focused more specifically on the prosthetics. There are more roboticists than personal trainers so to speak
  • chickendiner    specifically on the pro You wrote twice ARM Prosthetic Race ( I suppose one is LEG )