Cool read - dod pdf on human augmentation for the military

edited August 2016 in Everything else
Fas.org/irp/agency/dod/jason/human.pdf
Tagged:

Comments

• edited August 2016
    I think that if there is any real gain from human performance it would be in training. Learning and repeating drills faster and more efficiently. The author pointed out the minimal effects of increasing an army's effectiveness as opposed to just increasing the size?

just think for a second the implications of the Lanchaster force on force model: a large army of Jason bournes vs an evenly large army of regular joes. The Bourne soldiers barely make a difference in the outcome of the battle.

EDIT: I just read the bit about soldiers hypothetically sleeping for approximately 2 hours without sleep deprivation effects and how it makes a noticeable
    difference in the force on force model. So why is sleep optimization having a greater effect then say, increasing the foot March speed and load carrying capacity of each soldier? I've read articles that point out anabolic steroids coupled with a training specificity increase strength in that specific discipline by 5-20 percent in athletes.