How Deep Should The Magnet Go?

edited June 2016 in Magnets
I've heard that when implanting the magnets, it's best to aim for the connective tissue so that it heals around the magnet, but when I watch videos, the operators cut (seemingly) pretty deep. Where is the optimal placement for the magnet?

Comments

• It may seem pretty deep, but a well done implant is still not getting into the meat. Skin is a bit more thick than you think it is, once you start working on it.
  • ^Exactly, especially the skin on parts of your body that is used the most often, like your finger in this case.  Your feet obviously would be the thickest. Skin is normally about 2 mm thick, and if you think about it, that's pretty deep if you're looking at it from outside in. 
  • The other thing to remember is that, in every video people may be cutting excessively deep to be getting to the good part. to go into.... as un, stopping in at EXACTLY the edge of the dermal layer isn't the easiest thing ever... Ever tried to cut a pizza in a card board box with a pizza cutter without marking the cardboard? >~<

Also, like, you know how hard it is to pick up a single coin on the floor because you can only access one corner, versus say trying to get a fingernail between two coins stacked on top of each other? 

Cutting just a tiny bit deeper might be a regular habit, but not by much, just enough to mechanically move around. 

I could be completely wrong with these analogies, by the way. Please correct me if they are wrong.