Magnetic Implants for sale

edited May 2016 in Magnets
Ive been looking for a couple of weeks and I cant find anything for sale at all, Ive been looking for a Gold coated magnet encased in silicone to give it double protection and I cant find any for sale anywhere, 

Does anyone know where to buy these or does anyone have a couple for sale? Please and thanks, I want to put one of them in my finger and maybe have another one for either backup or for the other hand.
Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks @Zerbula for this, I had run across that page before but when I did it said that they were only for sale to other doctors.Now I guess you can just add it to your cart.

Also, is this the general size and shape that people should get? Or is this an outlier?
  • edited May 2016
    @Mxwhite484^^ 

it's an appropriate size. Honestly, these aren't my own personal flavor of suggestion, i have heard these magnet's parylene coatings fail over the course of years, and they aren't going to pull quite as hard as an m31, coating/magnetic mass ratio is high. :s 

But they still are one of the much better choices compared to a lot of other things you could pick.

Magnets much smaller than this range of about 3m by about 1m tend to just be too small to touch enough nerves and pick up on fields. 

Magnets larger suffer from the issues of volumetric expansion and physical space displacement within the body. Blood circulation, physical interference, etc >~<
  • Thanks again @Zerbula for the info. You said that they arent your personal suggestion, what would you suggest?

I was dark for about 6 months Looking and reading but when I came back about a week ago I read up on the "Blood Diamonds" which I think is a pretty cool idea, What are your thoughts on the Diamond Coated magnets.
  • edited May 2016
    @mxwhite484 m31, all day, every day, would be my choice. ^^

the Diamond magnets, should they be viable, will be a superior replacement, but this does not mean that the TiN is a bad magnet. You are comparing iron against steel, but still, behold the swords that were made of iron and claimed lives perfectly fine.  ^^

Those blood diamonds are prototypes. Certainly not bad, but they aren't mainstream yet. ^^

Refer to the wiki for reasons, but at the end of they day, TiN is Microns thin. Parylene can reach this as well, but with the undercoating of Au. thickness wise, a Parylene will have a little more inert matter.

Strength wise, Parylene is a plastic. TiN is ceramic. If you are at all familiar with materials engineering, even on a fundamental level, ceramics are super hard, super resilient. TiN is the ceramic the medical industry uses in artificial load-bearing joints, such as hips. It's also used as a coating for machinery tools, such as drill bits, to increase performance and lifespan.

It;s a lot more stable and actually armors the magnet, the only way these have been damaged, when the coating was intact and complete, was subjecting to abuse it should not have been (see: hitting with a hammer, autoclaving and heat stressing, etc.)

The Au/parylene are still not a bad choice, per se, but see steel/iron/bronze. it is basically bronze against iron.

Au by itself is like... Wood. A stick. You can stab someone with one,

This is just my two cents. I really have only started kinda climbing the ice berg, without doing any digging or hands on work with these myself. I really encourage you to do as much research as possible and learning about things yourself, so you understand every outcome and choice. ^^

Hope this helps though. Again, the wiki is your friend, go read it. There's tons of information there from other's research and experimentation. If you are going to be so foolish as to cut yourself open, i won't say it'll tell you how to do it right, but it can tell you where other people went wrong. :3