Implant Placement

edited January 2016 in Magnets
Hello,
I'm new to this forum, and have a read a bit about the magnet implants. I'm considering having it done, but what worries me is implanting it in a fingertip. I'm quite fidgety sometimes, and I have a feeling that I'll constantly be touching it and messing with it. I also game alot (PC mostly), and I'm not really sure if it being in a fingertip will harm the electronics in my keyboard/mouse.
With that being said, has anyone tried implanting the magnets elsewhere with decent results? Will my keyboard/mouse get fried after a lengthy exposure to them everyday?
Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• These questions have been discussed many times. Only fingertips provide the required density of mechanoreceptor cells to give you a reasonable feedback. Lips and genitals have been in discussion but so far noone ever tried as far as i am aware. Electronic equipment is not affected by magnets, with very few exceptions which usually focus around weak-magnetic based storage such as floppy disks, magnetic stripes on cards.
  • My day job has me developing on my computer 40 hours a week, and I also program and work on other electronics as a hobby. One magnet in the fingertip and one on the side of each hand, and none of them have caused an issue for me. You should be fine :)
  • Thanks for the feedback, and sorry for asking something that's been discussed previously. 
    I'm just slightly worried about it shattering in my finger. How effective would they be in a position such as the back of a finger?
  • Why are you worried about it shattering? It is a little disk of a rod, either way it wont just shatter what is more likely to happen is what ever you used to coat it will fail. If your finger start to swell and and pus than you know that the coating has failed and you need to get that magnet out ASAP. Another thing that is possible is that you bang your finger and you experience what's called mechanical rejection, basically your body spits it out post trauma. I saw one ware a guy who works in construction (themenderpaul I believe) he banged his hand with a hammer and as result experienced mechanical rejection. My point is his magnet did not shatter. If you have ever hit your hand with a hammer blow you know it hurts. As result I think you should read up on the M31/M36 rejection thread and then reevaluate your concerns.

Sincerely,
    John Doe
  • edited January 2016
    Nope not me. Sadly I have not gotten my magnet yet. I did bash my RFID off a ski boat though. And many hard impacts on wake boards/ knee boards/ tubes
  • ah still my point stands. that you will have a mechanical rejection before it shatters. I don't normally mix people up like I have been lately, I am starting to get concerned.
  • Haha it's no problem maybe you should take some NSI lol.
  • Shattering can happen if you are especially harsh on your magnet. The guy who did my implant had his shatter while mountain climbing. That puts a whole ton of force directly on your finger though so it's a pretty unique situation. Sometimes you have your entire body weight on a couple fingers with rock on the other side. I can't think of anything similar unless you're working with really heavy metal or stone objects.
  • I think it has all ready been said here, but there may be a few changes you need to make to your life style. Like how you climb or how you lift waits.

Sincerely,
    John Doe
  • I have two fingertip magnets and a lot of manual hobbies, and I type/write/draw for a living. The only thing I had to change or worry about was opening jars with the hand, I changed the fingers I grip with to avoid minor discomfort.