Hello, everyone!

edited December 2015 in Everything else
Hey there, everybody! My name is Shawn, I'm a newbie to both these forums and to biohacking itself. I'm already planning to get a magnet in my right pointer finger, and I wanted to see what else everyone is doing in the hopes that it'll give me inspiration. I'm from the U.S, and I wouldn't be surprised to discover that I'm the only person on here from Maine! Anywho, I'm glad to be joining this community and I hope to make some new friends!

P.S: I would also like to point out that I have Aspergers and ADHD, so forgive me if I occasionally act odd.
Tagged:

Comments

• I actually just moved from Maine to mass.

Welcome and I am trying to set up RFID readers for my truck and for home automation.
  • Newbie here too! From northern va (a few miles from DC). Right now I'm also planning to get a magnet implant... Knew I had to have one the moment I found out about them. I mean, who wouldn't want a sixth sense? I'm traveling to Chicago for Christmas though so I want to wait till January; I'm afraid that the body scanner at the airport will flip it while it's still healing and mess it up. Besides, dangerous things is out right now.

Have you done yours yet? How did it go?
  • I've gone through airport security with what's at this point a small plethora of magnets in various stages of healing (including one in my tragus that was sutured maybe 2 hours prior) and I didn't run into any complications :)
  • Same. No problem with airport security. I've gone through metal detectors and body scanners. 2 magnets,  2 RFID chips, 0 problems.
  • @Alesia
    No, I haven't gotten mine yet, as I have yet to acquire the resources that I'll need. I'm also a bit more focused on creating a shrunk down version of night vision goggles that could be connected with glasses (kind of similar to how some BMW's have night vision tech in their windshields)
  • @thegoatgod, night vision is fun stuff. I thought BMW used regular Heads-Up-Display technology. That's not difficult. The tough part is getting a screen close to your eyes. Lenses like those in Google Cardboard or the Oculus Rift will do the trick but you can't see through your screen. PM me if you want to chat about night vision.
  • You can build cheap night-vision alike goggles with a modified flip-phone, collimating lense and an IR flashlight. Built one of those back when I was 15. Used it to beat my entire scout troop at after-dark CTF.
  • I'm actually a network administrator contracted with the TSA so I've asked them to pay specific attention to my hands. They can't detect anything. You really shouldn't have any worries with traveling.
  • I highly doubt you're the only aspie on this forum, but welcome :)

@McSTUFF how about LCD without a backing?
  • @garethnelsonuk, it wouldn't emit light and there wouldn't be ambient light behind it in a night vision scenario. I'd like to find a place which sells LCDs without backing.